UP six times last night

AlwaysPraying

Mom of two!
Reaction score
Poor boy was up every two hours last night. He's got to be sick with something. I don't know what though. He woke up screaming every two hours the entire night. I had to go rock him to sleep. As soon as I picked him
Up he would fall asleep but wouldnt stay asleep.

He's never ever ever acted like that before. I tried everything to soothe him but nothing helped. The only thing I see is he has a runny nose. Maybe just a cold. But today he seems to be acting just fine. So odd. Now I'm exhausted and he's happy as a clam. Don't know how with such little sleep though!

teething...maybe?? is he showing any signs?? KAys teeth are always terrible at night and fine in the day xxx

nicole was up 3 times last nite, ususally only once. between teething, growth spurts, sleep regressions im ready to give up

maybe tummy ache or teething ? hope he sleeps better tonight hun

How old is he, hun? Maybe it's teething? Hope you sleep well tonight. x

Thanks guys. He has six teeth already (he's 9 months today), and has never acted this way with teething before. However, he has been extra drooly these past couple of days and has entirely refused me spoon feeding him purees (will only feed himself chunks). There's a chance that's all related to teething. I tried checking last night, but couldn't tell. He's got a snotty nose, I don't think that's teething, so maybe just a cold. When he did fall asleep he would whimper like he was in pain, it was really pathetic. I think that's why he was up so much. He'd fall asleep then be woken up by pain of some sort, I'd get him back to sleep and it would all happen over and over.

I hope he sleeps better tonight too! It breaks my heart because there's nothing much I can do for him. I wish I knew what it was so I could help better.

Thanks guys. He has six teeth already (he's 9 months today), and has never acted this way with teething before. However, he has been extra drooly these past couple of days and has entirely refused me spoon feeding him purees (will only feed himself chunks). There's a chance that's all related to teething. I tried checking last night, but couldn't tell. He's got a snotty nose, I don't think that's teething, so maybe just a cold. When he did fall asleep he would whimper like he was in pain, it was really pathetic. I think that's why he was up so much. He'd fall asleep then be woken up by pain of some sort, I'd get him back to sleep and it would all happen over and over.

I hope he sleeps better tonight too! It breaks my heart because there's nothing much I can do for him. I wish I knew what it was so I could help better.

maybe some baby paracetomol before bed and something to releive the teething pain, may get you a good amount of hours before he wakes up...
randomly kayson (11months) gets a snotty nose when he teeths lol!! xxxx

MissPiggy - Kayson gets snotty with teething? Interesting! That makes me hopeful!

I did give him baby Tyelnol twice last night, I'm not sure it did a thing. You can only give it once every 4 hours, and he woke up both times after 2 hours crying.

He only napped for an hour today, usually goes for an hour and a half or two hours, so he's really off :( He didn't eat much lunch but I gave him a big bottle before his nap, so i'm guessing he was just full.

His naps bottles and feedings are all out of whack! I feel a little lost. It's mid afternoon here now and I think I'm going to take him for a walk in the stroller. Hope that helps with his grumbles and whatever is bothering him.

maybe some baby paracetomol before bed and something to releive the teething pain, may get you a good amount of hours before he wakes up...
randomly kayson (11months) gets a snotty nose when he teeths lol!! xxxx

my eldest 2 always got a snotty nose and cold like symptoms when they were teething so cud be that. maybe its one of his back teeth they always caused more pain for my eldest 2. i wud reccomend calpol too and i swear by teething granules too hope he is feelin better soon!!

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttf7fc7.aspx

i always think....o no...not a cold....o hold on theres a tooth? lol!!

I hope a little trip out does him good chick =) and fingers crossed for you for a good night...its bedtime for mu lil dude and he's been sleeping through for the last 4nights =) yay!! xxx

Do you guys think it's possible to have such a massively different reaction after already having six teeth? I guess I figured they'd all come in the same. How long did the cold / snotty nose symptoms last, do you remember?

Ok, we're heading out, his whining is driving me mad! It's like a crazy house in here, and of course dad is out of town working for the weekend.

kays snotty would last the really bad drooling stage..then once the tooth had broken through he seemed to be ok... Kays first three teeth were no problem...his last three teeth we've known they are on there way much more xxxx

I guess all I can do is wait! I tried to go at him with teething gel and he didn't want me near his mouth. Maybe I'm over analyzing it, I don't know. He had a good 2 hour nap this afternoon, hope tonight goes better than last.

I can't even believe it, but throughout the day today I've been feeling worse and worse myself. I thought it was bad heartburn (which I had in pregnancy) and stomach pains, now hiccups! At one point during dinner I was doubled over with stomach pains and thought I was going to throw up! Maybe this is what my guy has? Isn't that just the way? Dad is home in an hour, thankfully!!!

Holy crap i could of wrote this myself...we are on the 3rd night of this now... Charlie goes has a bottle then to bed at 8.15...he usually slept through till 5 oclock then in his cot and we have him in the bed for the final few hours but the past 3 or 4 days...oh my god!!

We put his to be Friday night and at 11 O'Clock woke up crying so we left him for a bit to see if he went back off (which he didn't)so i went into his room and tried to get him back off and he was having none of it...so after a hour of getting him back off,putting him in his cot...creeping out the room...getting into my bed and then hearing him cry and having to get out i decided to give up and come downstairs....I then stayed awake all night with him cuz he was so fussy sleeping sleeping and waking every 20 minutes or so crying and fussing

Saturday night he went to bed the same time and by 9.30 ha had woke doing the same thing,....id given him baby nurofen and teething get before bed so i couldnt do anything else other than cuddle him and try and get him back off...he had a screaming fit that lasted 40 minutes that im sure made half the dogs in the grove deaf the i gave up and bought him downstairs and had pretty much the same night as friday

Last night hwe went to bed same time,i come down to do his bottles then was going to bed early to try to get some sleep.......i hadn't even put a foot on the stairs before i heard him crying..went in same sketch as the night before trying to get him back off and he was having none of it...so downstairs we come and he was on and off crying and sleeping all night

Im at my wits end!!!!!!!!!!!!
He had got one tooth through and one tooth breaking through and a bit of a snotty nose but other than that hes fine...hes usually a fussy baby any way but with him fussing of a night time now its unbearable..me and the hubby are knacked...were snipping at each other in 3 days we have had about 3 hours sleep no word of a lie

Sorry for the rant i really sympathis with the op

You poor girl! Our kids are out to get us I'm sure of it, haha. Well tonight is so far so good. It's been three hours and he did wake once screaming but ot himself back to sleep after a quick minute. Hopefully that's it! Last night he was better than the night before but not by much. I didn't bother eith Tylenol only becaue I don't think it helped really. It's so hard to tell

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->