*UPDATE* Bleeding! Red, not pink or brown.

AshleyMattos

Reaction score
I just got my BFP yesterday morning at 10dpo. Yesterday afternoon, I had some pink spotting on the toilet paper after wiping. Nothing else the rest of the day. I woke up at 5 this morning to pee and there was red blood, quite a bit I'd say, on the toilet paper and my pee. I went back to bed with mild cramps, no worse than a period cramp. I woke up again at 8am and had blood on my panties this time. A spot about the size of a silver dollar. There has been no clots whatsoever in any of this blood. Am I miscarrying? Could this be normal? I only spotted brown blood in my 1st pregnancy and only spotted around 7 weeks. I also had a chemical pregnancy last month.

Are your tests darker today?

I'm not sure because the test I took yesterday was a cheap walmart test, and the test I took today was a First Response test. The first response was definitely darker, I just don't know that I should compare it to the cheap walmart test.

*UPDATE*

I just went ahead and took another cheap test, obviously not with fmu, and it is definitely darker than yesterday's cheap test with fmu.

Some bleeding/spotting can be completely normal, I would try to speak to a midwife and see what they suggest. :hugs:

You got pics of your tests hunni?? Xx

They aren't very clear after resizing them to post but here they are. The first one is yesterday's which I couldn't really get a picture of because it was so light. The second one is the first response taken this morning and the last one is the cheap one I just took to compare with yesterday's cheap one.

Attachments

• 2015-10-20 09.51.41.jpg
    2015-10-20 09.51.41.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 2015-10-20 09.53.06.jpg
    2015-10-20 09.53.06.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 2015-10-20 09.55.32.jpg
    2015-10-20 09.55.32.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 57
I can see a clean line on the second test. Are you still bleeding?? Xx

The only way to know this early is a blood test. Definitely concerning with bleeding! If it were me I'd see my dr asap

The only way to know this early is a blood test. Definitely concerning with bleeding! If it were me I'd see my dr asap

My doctor basically said if I'm miscarrying there isn't anything that can be done this early (which I already knew) and to give them a call only if I fill a heavy pad in one hour. . . And if I don't then they'll see me for an 8 week appt.

They won't even do blood work to check your hcg levels?! .. I seriously do not understand some drs. I know there's nothing that can be done but at least you'll know what your numbers are and what if (God forbid ) it be an ectopic. . That just seems awful to just let you go out without figuring out what's going on!

I don't know where op lives but in uk they really don't do much,as sad as that it. I hope it turns out to be ok x

I don't know where op lives but in uk they really don't do much,as sad as that it. I hope it turns out to be ok x

Is there a reason why this is? Like do you need to reach a certain week for testing?

Op I hope it turns out fine! I had a scary, red bleed from a hematoma at 6 weeks and also some cramps.

I called my doctor back and I'm going in this afternoon for blood work!

Hope that the doctor shares good news!

Is there a reason why this is? Like do you need to reach a certain week for testing?

Op I hope it turns out fine! I had a scary, red bleed from a hematoma at 6 weeks and also some cramps.[/QUOTE

I think they wait for us to hit 12 weeks because anything before that you don't know if the pregnancy is viable and if not then there wouldn't be anything they would do. I've had discussions with doctors about this because I've had mc's before and always thought it was my progesterone but it seems I hit a brick wall and they wouldn't even test for it. They don't help much here on the nhs until you get to 12 weeks and then you're offered your first scan after that.

Oh yeh but if they think it's an ectopic then they do do a referral for a scan.

Op go for bloodwork it will tell you a lot.

I think if I were in the UK I would die of anxiety lol

Op I hope it turns out fine! I had a scary, red bleed from a hematoma at 6 weeks and also some cramps.[/QUOTE

I think they wait for us to hit 12 weeks because anything before that you don't know if the pregnancy is viable and if not then there wouldn't be anything they would do. I've had discussions with doctors about this because I've had mc's before and always thought it was my progesterone but it seems I hit a brick wall and they wouldn't even test for it. They don't help much here on the nhs until you get to 12 weeks and then you're offered your first scan after that.

Oh yeh but if they think it's an ectopic then they do do a referral for a scan.

Wow...when I had my chemical I had one scan at the ER, as well as hcg drawn the same day and a day later another scan and more hcg levels at my doctors office.
When I bled with this baby at 6 weeks I was immediately seen by my OB, had a scan and was put on progesterone because getting pregnant right after a chemical I had no uterine lining. I really feel the progesterone benefit and maybe this pregnancy would not have continued without it. It is horrible to think that you can't get any testing early on because I feel in case of low progesterone, a hematoma or crampy uterus some help can be provided still. :(

Op go for bloodwork it will tell you a lot.

I think if I were in the UK I would die of anxiety lol

Me too! Germany is already tougher than than other places...like you need to pay lots for many basic blood tests nowadays, so I could not afford many tests like the 1st trimester screening :shrug:

I was thinking maybe the OP can rush to be seen by pretending she feels lots of pain and feels faint? I think if it would help to get seen I would put on the best show ever. Not sure they would definitely do a scan or test levels but just a thought.

It's all about budget cuts here in the uk. I guess you get what you pay for...and we obviously don't pay, apart from taxes! Which is a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->