UPDATE Just been told my baby will be delivered by section next week at 34 weeks

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
I'll get a date on Friday but scan showed today she hasn't grown at all. She's has IUGR and with my APS blood disorder they aren't taking any chances. So she'll be here next week. Just had steroids and going for second lot tomorrow. I'm so petrified

Oh Hun no wonder you are petrified but she is better off out than in if she isn't growing xx

Im so sorry it's happening this way, is not ideal but as long as she's able to thrive and grow is the most important thing.

Keepingyou in my thoughts. It's good that they are moving forward and doing what is best for baby at this stage. <3 still so nervewracking for you.

Thank you everyone. I'm scared of her being so early yet I'm scared of her being inside any longer if she's not growing and receiving the nutrients she needs. I just want her to be safe either way. Will be a long week!!

I may have to go through this too. Im 30 weeks and my baby is small im playing the waiting game for next scan to see if bubs has grown if not they are taking it out. I hope all goes ok with you. I feel your worry.

Sending you :hugs: what a scary time but at least everything is being handled well

I will keep you and the baby in my thoughts! Good luck to you both.

:hugs:

good luck with everything!
If its better for her to be out and get all the proper attention and care she will need. Better to be a 100% safe.

That would be scary, but great that the doctors are on top of it and monitoring her closely. Hope the week goes quickly for you xx

Thinking of you Hun
Ino it's scary but she's better if out where she can be looked after 34 weeks is a good gestation I'm sure all will be fine x

Oh Hun! &#128591;&#127995;&#128591;&#127995; all is ok! Thinking of you both

Thank you. 34 weeks considered late premature I've been reading which makes me feel a little better. So nervous.

Praying everything goes well and baby is healthy! Good luck!xx

34 is fine Hun. I went into early labor withy last at 32 weeks ( luckily they were able to stop it but I did get the steroids) was hospitalized for 3 days and visited by the NICU. They like when preemies are born 32 weeks and over they are considered late preemies so they are usually fine. Don't worry, it's not ideal but 34 weeks is not bad at all. I was ready to deliver at 32 and they weren't concerned at all!

I'm high risk for pre-term, and they told me "32 is pretty good, and 34 and after you're pretty much in the clear", so she should be fine! As others have said, for the best... I know you're nervous of course, but it is kind of exciting too, you get to meet her (I think you said her) next week. All the best to you, and bub!

I had a late premie with my first. It's early, but doctors and nurses in NICU are amazing. Ask questions about what to expect; feeding, breast pumping or formula, skin to skin, contact time, etc... To prepare yourself. Xx

Thank you everyone. Finding it hard to sleep. Got my second steroid injection today and then should get a definite date tomorrow at meeting with consultant.

I know it's best for her to be out now where they can treat her and monitor her properly. I'm worried about my DD and feeling guilty. Had hospital every day this week and she's been back and forth, sleeping out here and there and even though she loves staying at my mums and OH's parents I just feel so guilty knowing it'll be like this until baby comes home from NICU as I'll need to be there everyday for feeding and bonding etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->