UPDATE Just been told my baby will be delivered by section next week at 34 weeks

Phew!!! Here's hoping baby girl can stay put for a few more weeks xxxxx

What centile is your girl? and how much are they predicting she weighs? Im 30 weeks and got emergency scan today due to lack of movement yesterday. My baby was measuring small but has now dropped below the 10th centile. Im on the 2 week wait for another scan now. But been sent away and not being monitored regularly on the ctg machine. Im very concerned. They have just told me to be super vigilant with movement. Cant stand this waiting game I feel like a ticking time bomb.

Just replied on your post. She's on the 9th centile. Her abdominal circumference has actually shrunk from the scan almost three weeks ago. She was on the 50th centile, then dropped to 25th and now down to 9th. They said doing another growth scan before 2 weeks isn't accurate so I have no idea what they're going to do as not all consultants are in favour of delivering her at 34 weeks it seems. I can't believe they have just sent you home?!! I'm not sure if they're being overly cautious with me as I have a blood disorder linked with IUGR and still birth though

What centile is your girl? and how much are they predicting she weighs? Im 30 weeks and got emergency scan today due to lack of movement yesterday. My baby was measuring small but has now dropped below the 10th centile. Im on the 2 week wait for another scan now. But been sent away and not being monitored regularly on the ctg machine. Im very concerned. They have just told me to be super vigilant with movement. Cant stand this waiting game I feel like a ticking time bomb.

Just replied on your post. She's on the 9th centile. Her abdominal circumference has actually shrunk from the scan almost three weeks ago. She was on the 50th centile, then dropped to 25th and now down to 9th. They said doing another growth scan before 2 weeks isn't accurate so I have no idea what they're going to do as not all consultants are in favour of delivering her at 34 weeks it seems. I can't believe they have just sent you home?!! I'm not sure if they're being overly cautious with me as I have a blood disorder linked with IUGR and still birth though

IUGR is more common than you might think. Isabellajayne they are monitoring you twice daily because of your reduced movements aren't they? It's not to do with the IUGR. Above poster the usual protocol is regular scans to see how baby is growing and to keep an eye on movements and any concerns they will invite you in for a CTG. They can't do scans any more than two weekly because baby won't have grown all that much and it will just cause more worry. If it was that baby's movements were reduced on a regular basis that's when a plan would be for regular monitoring would be put in place xx

No it's for the IUGR so it says in my notes. It's more to do with my APS than movements as they have picked up since and her traces are good. They're just keeping an eye on her as my blood disorder is linked strongly to placental failure and still birth. But they said any drop in growth is now monitored through regular CTGs under new hospital protocol

No it's for the IUGR so it says in my notes. It's more to do with my APS than movements as they have picked up since and her traces are good. They're just keeping an eye on her as my blood disorder is linked strongly to placental failure and still birth. But they said any drop in growth is now monitored through regular CTGs under new hospital protocol

Ah I thought because you had been in multiple times with reduced movements that's why they had come up with that plan. In the hospital I work in ( a large tertiary hospital) IUGR is really common so we do serial growth scans and just regular ctgs on women who have issues with movements, not those who don't have.

To be honest it's probably a combination of everything lol. I have that many things written in my notes now I don't know whether I'm coming/going for what when or why lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->