Update on the 4d disappointment thread.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Kimmer, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Kimmer

Kimmer Mummy to a beautiful baby

I wrote them a letter complaining about the length of the scan and the rude bloke that scanned me.

Seemed like they were more interested in defending their staff than my happiness, but oh well.

They've offered me a free scan with a different scanner tomorrow at 2:15 to make up for it :happydance:

I just hope they aren't gonna be horrible to me for complaining :cry:

Thank you for all your advice :)
    Sorry, couldn't update my last thread, had to start a new one!

2. Jemma_x

Jemma_x Mummy and Engaged

I didnt see your 1st thread but im glad you complained if you wernt happy, i hope your scan tomorrow goes well x

3. Lara310809

Lara310809 Mum of 3 girls

Sorry you had a bad experience. Our scan didn't go too well either, but for different reasons. I hope you have better luck next time

4. Missy86

Missy86 Family complete

good luck for tomorrow, get some good pics

5. LankyDoodle

LankyDoodle Well-Known Member

Did you get scanned in Truro? If so, I will PM you my experience with that place. I also was scanned by a man.

6. reversal

reversal a happy family at last

good luck hope you get a good scan with great pics

7. dt1234565

dt1234565 In love with a princess x

Hope it all goes well for you this time! xxxx

8. Sazzoire

Sazzoire Well-Known Member

Good luck with the scan today.... Hope it is as fab as it is meant to be!!

xx

9. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Hope you have a better time today!!

10. girl friday

girl friday Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys

Glad they offered you another scan! Hope it goes better than the first and you get better images than last time!

x

11. Sunflowers

Sunflowers Well-Known Member

We were scanned in truro too but by a woman who is a midwife sonographer at treliske.. We had a fairly positive experience but maybe because I'm a mw myself she went to more effort for us?

Sorry you had a bad experience - I haven't read your original thread but it's disappointing when it doesn't go as you'd hoped, especially if that's because of their staff rather than anything else! I hope your scan today has been better!

12. hannahR

hannahR Hollie aged three ttc no2

I hope you have a better time at your scan tomorrow. xx

13. LankyDoodle

She is the lady who did my 8 week scan there, and she was very calm and reassuring and quite thorough, even tried to get a 4d view at EIGHT weeks! However, the man that scanned the OP has also scanned me 3 times and I totally agree with what she has said; I also don't think 4d scanning is the lady's speciality tbh as I was told it was best to book with him for my 4d scan. I had much the same experience as the OP, only he also left me believing there was something wrong with my baby and still tried to rush us out the door without explaining anything... a few days later NHS scanned me on the back of what he said, and found that nothing was really wrong. He'd hapazardly done the measurements as he forgot and I then reminded him about it so he rushed through it because he was already running late! Then he dropped the bombshell, left me standing there pulling my trousers up and went out into the waiting room to hand over the stuff and call the next person!!!

The 2 people who man the reception are the 2 directors. The only one I have met (works all saturdays) is not that pleasant either.

So I can totally see where the OP is coming from but do agree with you that the lady sonographer is much more pleasant (and I said as much to the OP in my PM to her last night). She is who will be scanning Kimmer today.

14. Sunflowers

Sunflowers Well-Known Member

Oooooft, sounds like we got lucky then, you're in such a responsible position when you scan someone and to leave them feeling scared like they did you (to the point where it was deemed indicated for you to have a further nhs scan so they must have said something pretty significant clinically) is unprofessional and must have left you pretty frightened..

15. LankyDoodle

I wonder how Kimmer got on? :S