UPDATE POST STILL NO FLOW... Missed mini pill - chances of conceiving

vitriolic_vix

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anyone knows the actual chances of falling pregnant after a missed mini pill?

So I was working away this week and forgot to take the packet so missed Wednesdays completely. I took thursdays and then had sex with hubby on Friday morning. My routine was out with my being off on Friday and only remembered to take it at 2pm. Normally I take it between 7-8.

I checked my period tracker to see where I was this month and lo and behold it was my most fertile day of the month..it's one of these where it shows a flower and petals etc.

So I guess there is some chance I could be pregnant.. The question is how likely? Any one know? Has anyone else fallen pregnant this way?

We were hoping to wait another year but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I was..:shrug:

Thanks ladies

Hey, missing one pill is usually considered ok, but with your second on Thursday being at a different time than usual I'm afraid there's more of a risk. Its difficult to guess the exact risk, but worst case 20-30% chance of pregnancy during your fertile time with no contraception. That's the figures the NHS states anyway.

I was on the combined pill for years but missed one at my wedding last June and got pregnant, but sadly miscarried. So it can happen with just one.

Hope that helps.

I actually conceived with my dd on the mini pill when ds was 9 months old, I hadn't missed any but the doctor thinks I could have had a upset stomach resulting in the pill not working properly, I had no symptoms of being pregnant either it was only when hubby said my boobs had got bigger I thought why not do a test turned out a was 8 weeks along. So nothing is impossible.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/246197//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

So ladies still not flow for me - I'm now on cycle day 33 and keep feeling like I'm coming on but nothing.

Over the past few months my cycles have been 31, 31, 25, 30, 26, 34, 26, 34, 29, 31, 25...

So not completely regular. I did a test the day before yesterday which was negative - if nothing is forthcoming in the next day or so when should I test again?

Not sure if its just not coming because I'm worried about it or missing a pill has thrown my cycle off. Have not had any withdrawal bleeds or anything? Had the usual back ache, bad skin etc??

Would be grateful of anyone's help

Thanks all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"