Update- Starting to spot

Yep but this was the only one I got and all negs after that so I'm convinced it was a faulty test

6 hours later took a frer and the same brand of this test and not even a hint of a line. I'm sure my hcg would have been high enough and picked up even a hint of a line. I'm just not convinced this is a chemical. My cervix is now officially closed and high and medium so I'm not sure what's going on....

I'm not even sure because I was on the nuvaring before (which obviously messed my cycle up) i had a withdraw bleed on dec 1st

I thought I would have ovulated on the 19th because I had a pretty strong (however negative) opk on the 18th. Tested the next day and it wasn't as strong. I'll put my pictures of my opk's from the 18th and 19th.

Dec 18th opk's

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 15
Dec19th opk

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 5
These are the opk's from the 12-17th

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 16
Hmm not sure, the bc definitely confuses things. Regardless, i'm thinking they're evaps. The same brands of test will not always give evaps...all tests are different, even in the same box. That said, you could just be testing way too early since ovulation wasn't confirmed. Have you considered temping?

I'm not to sure how to do that? And would I have to wait to do that until next cycle? Ya I have heard bad things about the nuvaring. One lady had a 54 day cycle!!

Oufff. Tough call. That's a super dark line and thick to be evap. I'm unfortunately leaning more towards a chemical. If it were a true bfp every day it gets darker (Max every other day). So by now I think you would have gotten a solid line. However stranger things have happened...just so u know I've left tests out for days hoping to see even a shadow and I never got an evap. Multiple brands, several times. That looks very real to me. Hope u get answers soon xx

It could have been a False positive as well . I know they r rare but it could be. I'm just unsure why a frer being more sensitive wouldn't have picked up a line

I really don't know love but I got nothing in the evening of getting 5 positives in the afternoon so about 5/6 hours later, but then as AF was 5 days late and i got a faint positive which slowly disappeared over a day as per my other CP's a few dayts adfter these positives I'm thinking they all must of been evaps so maybe yours was too? Xx

Another question, of this is a chemical how long do I wait before I see a doctor. I'm 7 days late today (going on a 28 day cycle) but because I just went off the nuvaring I'm not sure when I actually ovulated or where the heck I am in my cycle!!

i would try temping you dont need to wait for af google will give you loads of info how to do it i would say you may have not ovulated yet good luck x

Ya thanks Hun. Ya I think I will try temping. I should also mention, my husband gave me one of his sleeping pills the night before I got that positive which I have heard can give false positives as well. Also, I'm on anti anxiety medication (only take it when I need to) but I also took it that night and I was told some anti anxiety meds can also cause false positives

I can't say for sure about the sleeping pill thing but I've never heard of anxiety medicine causing false positives. And I take anxiety/depression medicine daily and have researched the hell out of them and when mixed with pregnancy. Not once did I see a mention of this :/ So I'm not sure who told you this but it sounds like false information there.

Okay I looked more into it and this is what I found for psychiatric medication:

"A number of different types of psychiatric medications can cause false positives on urine tests. Librium (chlordiazepoxide), an anti-anxiety medication also used to control agitation during alcohol withdrawal, can cause false positive pregnancy results in urine pregnancy tests, Medline Plus states, but blood tests will not show false positive results. Phenothiazines and phenothiazine derivatives are antipsychotic medications used to treat psychiatric disorders that can also give false positive results on urine pregnancy tests. Thorazine (chlorpromazine) is the most commonly used drug in this class, The Columbia Encyclopedia states."

So I would look into if yours can even cause a false positive since not all of them do.

Hi purplecat

I had a chemical 2 cycles ago. It was a similar story to you.
I was almost 6 days late and went to get bloods drawn in the EPU as i have a history of miscarraiges, they rang me back the following day and told me my levels were low, 5miu. At that point i had started bleeding.
I always presumed with a chemical you would bleed the day af is due but it seems not.
They told me it can take up to 3 weeks sometimes!

I hope this is not what's happening to you but at this point I would be asking for bloods for sure. Hope it all turns out for you hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->