UPDATE: Unexpected 5 weeks 3 days (edd) Ultrasound tomorrow

babifever

Reaction score
I mentioned before im type 2 diabetic. So traditionally I would have an early appt then most for medication adjustments etc. my first appt was next Monday, but I changed appointment date for tomorrow instead. Metformin (my medication) was giving me nausea. I stopped taking it on Sunday and I feel better, but my blood my sugar is still high. I've been watching what I eat and exercising twice daily; still high! I dont wonna take chances. Its early on and everything is developing, uncontrolled diabetes can cause deformation in the organs and even fetal death. They will probably put me on insulin.

Yall I'm super nervous about this ultrasound....like what if there's nothing there, etc etc, what if I'm not even pregnant! According to my lmp I'm 5weeks/3 days tomorrow. One thing for sure it will definitely make things really real once I see my bean.

has anyone had a ultrasound this early on?

Good for you moving your appointment! I just had an emergency scan done today. It's my profile pic now. Just remember it is early so there won't be much to see. But if you are like me that little bit is still exciting as all hades :)

That awkward moment when you put two and two together haha. I know you, bump buddy!

At 5w3d you will probably only see a yolk sac. Mine at 5w5d (link in sig below ticker) had a yolk sac and a thickened white margin at the top of the yolk sac which was my tiny little speck of a baby. A couple days can make a big difference so it will depend on how accurate your date is.

Good luck, and I hope your blood sugar does better!

I had one at (what I think is) 5+1 and it was just a 6mm gestational sack. Nurse said that was fine.

This is it;

https://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp139/shellideaks/Mobile%20Uploads/e7013018-47df-42ee-a631-6bf457e7c0e2_zpsa199aba9.jpg

I had one at what I thought was 6+1 but was pushed back to 5+3 during the scan. Could only see the sac but the sonographer said that was completely normal if I am indeed 5+3. My next is Scan a week wednesday to see if baby has grown. Good luck with your scan!

I don't have anything else to add as it's already been said, but just wanted to say good luck!

Oh babifever i just recognised you from NTNP thread! Massive congrats on your BFP!! Hope youre feeling well?xx

I'm here now and freakin nervous out of my brains! Just finished ultrasound and waiting on doc to go over results.

Well, and I'm feeling so nervous and in doubtful, anxious, uuugggh right now..... They said they the gestational sac was too small to measure or really see anything in-depth on the ultrasound, they think its probably to early. They are ordering a blood hgc test, a1c (for the diabetes) and referring me to a high risk doctor who's going manage my diabetes. My urine did come back positive. The doctor said at this point they are trying to out weigh 3 things the doctor said: normal developing pregnancy, ectopic pregnancy, or early miscarriage. Going to see me next week for a second ultrasound. He then came back and said " everything is looking good, its just super early. And we have alot of work to do".

no ultrasound pic, I guess because I wouldn't have seen anything? Was I suppose to ask? They also kept my due date as 9/19/15 until a ultrasound picture can be confirmed. I will say as the ultrasound tech was looking I asked "do you see anything". She said " yes it looks like I see a sac but its too small to measure" I didn't ask anymore questions, something about those techs, they don't really like talking!

also she typed down: two small forbids, two small cysts on left ovary. I only knew about the forbids from November. I didn't even inquire with doc. I'll ask about it next week.

I'm getting little anxiety right now. There going to call me once the results are in.

I really wouldnt worry, its very very early to see anything! Did they do abdominal or TV scan?

I really wouldnt worry, its very very early to see anything! Did they do abdominal or TV scan?

vaginal and I could see a tv in front of me. Is this what you mean? Its concerning with the pictures you girls have shared....

Sounds like it could just be because it was early!

When I went for mine at 6+1, she measured me at 5+5 and said it was very difficult to see. Only a sac, but even that was difficult.

How long do you have to wait for results?

Thinking of you :hugs:

When I went for mine at 6+1, she measured me at 5+5 and said it was very difficult to see. Only a sac, but even that was difficult.

the fact that the didn't offer a picture of the sac made me feel weird....i believe she said "I see something" rather than a sac......but then she typed"gestational sac too small to measure".

they usually take about 3-4 days, not sure if it will be expedited considering the diabetes situation... I hope so. I forgot they also sent a urine sample for the lab, what's that for?

the fact that the didn't offer a picture of the sac made me feel weird....i believe she said "I see something" rather than a sac......but then she typed"gestational sac too small to measure".

they usually take about 3-4 days, not sure if it will be expedited considering the diabetes situation... I hope so. I forgot they also sent a urine sample for the lab, what's that for?

They are probably also checking glucose in your urine.

If you have the start of a gestational sac then you're probably more around 4 1/2 weeks. It grows at a rate of 1mm per day. By 5 weeks it is 2-3mm and is measurable.

It may have been hard to get a good picture. Someone who is not trained in ultrasound would have a hard time seeing what they are looking for that early probably. So maybe that's why you didn't get a pic? If you get a repeat scan, definitely let them know you would like a picture. I think the most important thing is that your doctor said things look good right now. So I wouldn't worry too much. :)

I didn't get mine offered either (normally they do). I understand what you mean by it making you feel weird. For some reason, it made me panic with mine. My guess, though, is that since they all went in my file, they were all needed since it wasn't a routine scan.

It sounds like your a little bit earlier than it says for your ticker. As hard as it is, try not to compare your results on the scan with the pictures of others. Their pregnancy will look different even at the same dates (I have to remind myself of this daily).

Like knobby suggested for the urine sample, my guess would be for sugar.

I hope you get your results sooner than the 3-4 days, but if not, I hope the next 3-4 days go by quickly for you.

Thanks so much for the replies guys. When I used the calculators that ask your average cycle length and lethal phase, I get 4 weeks, 5 days = 9/24/2015. I got my LP from fertility friend after 1 bbt was confirmed back in November and my cd average is based on the last 6 months. So between what you guys have said and my theory, I will allow that to ease my mind. I have already told my mom, 3 sisters and dh told his parents. I was going to wait to tell my dad (he has big mouth lol) and then announce at 12 weeks. With all these supplications in mind now wishing I would have kept it to myself. Just the thought of having to re tell everyone anything other than progress gives me anxiety. Everything will be okay. I gotta believe that.

Hey!

We are pretty early so just seeing the sac is totally normal. It's great that they are doing bloodworm and taking precautions. I would push for a scan next week. I might go in next week as well just to be sure this is viable (fetal pole and heartbeat).

As for not getting a pic, last year I had a few ultrasounds for an overly large cyst that accompanied that pregnancy. I think sometimes my doctor asked if I wanted a copy, but there were a couple times she just assumed I didn't (same boat of just the sac or whatever else was up). Once the machine is off, they can't print it. Usually, they print it for your file. But once she didn't even do that. I wasn't too stressed. BUT I learned that if I want the picture (like I did yesterday) to ask while the machine is still on haha.

Hey!

We are pretty early so just seeing the sac is totally normal. It's great that they are doing bloodworm and taking precautions. I would push for a scan next week. I might go in next week as well just to be sure this is viable (fetal pole and heartbeat).

As for not getting a pic, last year I had a few ultrasounds for an overly large cyst that accompanied that pregnancy. I think sometimes my doctor asked if I wanted a copy, but there were a couple times she just assumed I didn't (same boat of just the sac or whatever else was up). Once the machine is off, they can't print it. Usually, they print it for your file. But once she didn't even do that. I wasn't too stressed. BUT I learned that if I want the picture (like I did yesterday) to ask while the machine is still on haha.

I think I'm going crazy on preggo hormones. I just laughed so much at "bloodworm" - no idea why. So silly :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->