• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

UPDATE: Unexpected 5 weeks 3 days (edd) Ultrasound tomorrow

My high risk appointment is scheduled for this Thursday. They might do another ultrasound too.....

I 'am pissed, hurt and shocked right now! So I went to the high risk doctor. I was referred there for medication management because I'm type 2 diabetic and my sugars have been high. I haven't been able to take my medication because its giving nausea. First they gave me a ultrasound. The Tec said all she seen was the gestational sac. But it was normal with how far along I am - around 5 weeks, she says based on my LMP. She said no sign of pregnancy in tubes and the sac is in the right spot. Okay, so the doctor then comes in and he's like " there's nothing I can do for you at this point because I'm not even sure if your pregnant, all we see is a sac, and if you are pregnant I'm not sure it will be successful". I'm like " Well if I'm around 5 weeks is there anything else you should see on the ultrasound, should I be worried". He says "sometimes yes, sometimes not, its really early and I can't really say if you should be worried, I can't say everything is fine at this point". So I'm like "okay so in the mean time what am I suppose to do about my high blood sugars, I've changes my diet, I'm walking twice daily, only drinking water, I can't take the meds anymore its making me sick". He's repeatedly says " I dont know what to tell you, I'm not medicating you when I don't even know if your pregnant, you need to speak with your primary and have them get your sugars under control, they should have already been under control before you even got pregnant, I'll see you in two weeks". He kept saying " I dont even know of your pregnant", straight faced, no compassion, kept cutting me off too. I walked out without even scheduling a follow up. I cried and then when I got home I have beige-like spotting in my under ware. I haven't had any spotting before this. When I whipped, nothing though. I'm so upset right now and confused. I drive to my obgyn and told them what happened and that I never want to see him again. My doc is in surgery today so there going to follow-up tomorrow. The nurse said this shouldn't have happened the way it did. She said pregnancy IS determined by actually seeing the fetus, etc, but in regardless he shouldn't have insinuated I wasn't pregnant, or if it wouldn't be successful. She also said my sugars need to be controlled. He even said so too, but he leaves me with nothing! I can't believe this. I set an appointment with a primary I seen back in June who said to immediately stop taking the diabetes medication (metformin) and call him if I ever got pregnant. Apparently taking metformin while pregnant is used by some doctors and not by others.....Also Im wondering now that he may redirect me back to my obgyn. next ultrasound is next Tuesday. Hcg"615" as of this pass Tuesday. Last period 12/13/14. I hate that I'm going through all this at the beginning and starting to get really afraid

Wow! I'm so sorry that happened :( I would think as a high risk doctor, they would require a bit more bedside manner because of the nature of high risk.

If your hcg levels are at the level for pregnancy accompanied by a sac that matches where you should be, you're pregnant! I would say the VIABILITY of a pregnancy is confirmed by a fetus/heartbeat, but you are pregnant. That'd be like saying you're not pregnant until there's a fetal pole. And then to have the nerve to say that he's not sure it'll be successful.

I don't know all the risks of diabetes and pregnancy, but what a thing to say!

I hope your doctor can refer you to someone else. :hugs:

Wow! I'm so sorry that happened :( I would think as a high risk doctor, they would require a bit more bedside manner because of the nature of high risk.

If your hcg levels are at the level for pregnancy accompanied by a sac that matches where you should be, you're pregnant! I would say the VIABILITY of a pregnancy is confirmed by a fetus/heartbeat, but you are pregnant. That'd be like saying you're not pregnant until there's a fetal pole. And then to have the nerve to say that he's not sure it'll be successful.

last period was 12/13. I'm no more than 5 weeks 5 days.... I believe less. I can't believe he said what he said

last period was 12/13. I'm no more than 5 weeks 5 days.... I believe less. I can't believe he said what he said

I'm honestly shocked and appalled. I definitely didn't expect coming in here to see that! I really hope you can be referred someone else. I'd be hesitant to have someone like him care for me (especially for that long). Unless there was absolutely no choice.

Are you actually going in for an appointment tomorrow or are they following up with the doctor you saw today?

And while I get that in a perfect world sugars should be in control prior to getting pregnant, but this isn't a perfect world and I think it was just crappy that he threw that in your face too.

I'm so angry for you!

If it were me (because I'm petty), after the baby was born, I'd send maybe a Christmas card of the baby and say "this is the baby from the pregnancy I didn't have or that pregnancy you said wouldn't be viable." Maybe I wouldn't really, but it'd be tempting!

Thinking of you :hugs: I know you're upset (understandably so), but hopefully your regular obgyn will get things sorted for you.

Tomorrow I'm going to a primary physician to see if they can give me something to lower my sugars. Tuesday is my appt with obgyn they will do another ultrasound and hcg. However, the alternate doc I seen Tuesday is going to follow up with my complaint tomorrow. I believe I will call tomorrow at the high risk office and make a complaint, he was out of line. The lady who will be my permanent ob was on vacation this week so I had to see her colleague, he was sweet, he will follow up Tom.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

It seems like a lot of the high risk doctors have seen so much negativity in their careers that they lose their bedside manner and the will to fight for the people and babies they're supposed to be helping.

My SIL had a twin pretnancy where at 12 weeks they determined that one had severe growth restriction and all sorts of deformities (heart, kidneys etc) they observed her for a few weeks - scans etc. then she was referred to the high risk doctors. She'd been shown nothing but compassion and support until she set foot in that room. He immediately said they BOTH had a genetic condition as they were identical and she should terminate. Just like that. She refused and he said he wouldn't ask again - it's in the notes! A fortnight on, he tried to push it again. I don't know when these doctors stopped being humans or advocates for their patients.

Chin up... You're at the same stage as me and I'd say right on track! P.s. I've also had beige cm when I wipe - midwife said when it's beige it's rarely blood and more likely hormonal. Xxx

I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

It seems like a lot of the high risk doctors have seen so much negativity in their careers that they lose their bedside manner and the will to fight for the people and babies they're supposed to be helping.

My SIL had a twin pretnancy where at 12 weeks they determined that one had severe growth restriction and all sorts of deformities (heart, kidneys etc) they observed her for a few weeks - scans etc. then she was referred to the high risk doctors. She'd been shown nothing but compassion and support until she set foot in that room. He immediately said they BOTH had a genetic condition as they were identical and she should terminate. Just like that. She refused and he said he wouldn't ask again - it's in the notes! A fortnight on, he tried to push it again. I don't know when these doctors stopped being humans or advocates for their patients.

Chin up... You're at the same stage as me and I'd say right on track! P.s. I've also had beige cm when I wipe - midwife said when it's beige it's rarely blood and more likely hormonal. Xxx

Thanks so much for your words. Dh and I our headed to my primary physician this morning hoping he will medicate my diabetes. This was my entire concern, help me get my blood sugar under control. That's why obygn referred me there. Your right its a shame how some doctors can be.

Sorry you had a crappy experience hun. On a positive note its very early to see much on a scan. I presume youre in usa/canada as over here in UK we only get a scan a 12 and 20 weeks unless theres a problem, i wonder if we have scans too soon sometimes which causes unneccassary worry. Good luck for tuesday x

Sorry your experience wasn't great. I had a private scan yesterday and she couldn't see much on a belly scan so did a vaginal. She seen the yolk sack etc and a flicker of a heartbeat but said im very early only about 5.5 weeks. I thought this was too early to see a heartbeat? It was as clear as day. X

Hi Hun, just read through, thanks for sending me the link. Crazy! I'm sorry the way the high risk OB acted, that's terrible. I hope some good comes from your appt today, getting those sugars under control - that's important! You are very early my dear, it really varies woman to woman ( well I guess baby to baby) on how much they can pick up on in an US those early days. Try to stay calm about the pregnancy part, you ARE pregnant, just have faith this little baby will stick and meanwhile get a plan to control those blood sugars. In some time everything will be settled and you will get peace of mind. Hang in there for now, and just do what you can!
Hope you update, I'm sitting here after drinking my damn glucose drink then I have an Us and appt later so I'm gonna be here all day! Waiting to hear your news.

Sorry your experience wasn't great. I had a private scan yesterday and she couldn't see much on a belly scan so did a vaginal. She seen the yolk sack etc and a flicker of a heartbeat but said im very early only about 5.5 weeks. I thought this was too early to see a heartbeat? It was as clear as day. X

It really varies. I always saw heartbeats before the 6 wk mark, but I've had friends who hadn't seen he at 6 wk ultrasound and they go back at 7 wkS and its there. It really varies a bunch on these early ones...

Happy Friday everyone, well I went to my primary care physician, the one that diagnosis me with diabetes back in June. Low and be hold, he cannot and does not treat pregnant woman! He said normally at this point he refers his patients to their obgyn.

After I explained everything from yesterday, he said he was going to refer me to a Endocrinology doctor, who could treat me......I have a feeling no one is going to treat me but high risk because im pregnant...

At this time they haven't been able to locate a endocrine that's available now or accepts my insurance. So therefore I'm still in limbo, blood sugars still high!

I did call the high risk and made a compliant against the prik doc! Of course they just apologized. They have me scheduled in 2 weeks with another doctor, but still cannot treat me because my pregnancy is not considered "valuable" until the fetal pole and heart beat are detected. They used the word valuable.

The nurse manager (at high risk) also commented that 615 was still low for around 5 weeks: yet primary and obgyn said they make their determination from the second drawing and 615 was okay for around 4- 5 weeks!! I pray this high risk clinic doesn't continue to drown me in worry and doubt!

I did get my hcg drawn again today from 72 hours since last hcg. Results will be back Monday. Then my next ultrasound is Tuesday, in which they'll draw more blood.

At this point I have decided to leave everything up to God. I see why ultrasounds are not recommended until 8 to 12 weeks after lmp. Although this situation wasn't planned.

I honestly believe Im 4 weeks 6 days as one site predicted, based on 32 day cycle average, lmp 12/13 and a estimated lethal phase of 13 (according to fertility friends estimate). If so, then I'm right on target.

I went a ahead and changed my ticker from 9/19 to 9/26. Praying my bean sticks. Now the Chinese prediction is a boy, instead of a girl, ha ha.

Man, I wish someone would start a plan for your diabetes! Gosh!
I think the nurse at the clinic said " viable" not valuable.

At any rate, hope you get in at an endocrinologist! ( I go to one, mine is great) their job is to maintain proper levels, so I'm sure they should be able to treat you. Especially because you are pregnant, how can places refuse treating you when you need it most? I don't get it!
Will be looking for your updates. Hope those hcg levels rise!

You're not going to really see anything at 4 weeks. Closer or after 6 weeks will be when you see a heart beat :flower:

Hey all, just got my 2nd hcg back. I was "615" - 72 hours later "2043". So I tripled you can say. I'm very pleased. Tomorrow morning will have another ultrasound and hcg test. Super excited! Anyone else got back hcg tests?

what's pissing me off is still no help with my diabetes! Primary won't treat me and can't find a endocrine. Obgyn won't treat me until fetal pole it detected. This is ridiculous.

They are putting me on insulin twice a day injections. The baby is progressing. They seen gestational sac and yolk sac (only seen the gestational sac last week). So my next ultrasound is next Tuesday. They should see the fetal pole then. They also checked my hcg level again to see if it increased. Results should be in tomorrow. I believe the gestational sac was 4.5 cm

Just.read thru post and I'm so glad that everything is looking positive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"