UPDATE: Went to the DR. *Spotting but no period. Feeling crazy!

Ella301

Reaction score
Hi all!!

So my husband and I weren't necessarily TTC this month but we weren't not trying. Anyways we had unprotected sex day before I ovulated (don't chart or temp but had cramping and EWCM the following day). I've had crazy symptoms posted in the symptoms by DPO thread I'll post a link below and I'm on page 538 if you'd like to see my whole TWW symptoms list. I had a lot of pulling and cramping which was odd to me since a few days past ovulation. When I ovulate I always get sore breasts and my period comes exactly 14-15 days after my sore breasts start.

So fast forward to 16 dpo and I wake with major AF cramps which ive been having on and off for days. Go to the restroom and have a BM and get brown discharge. Assume it's my period but over the past 7 days it's been very very light. Like a few drops or streaks on the panty liner and a few drops when I wipe. I've had a few times after BMs when a tiny or two drop has fallen into the toilet. It's mainly pink, orangey red and a darker red on and off in small amounts. The reason I'm so confused is the spotting has stopped almost completely and my breasts (mainly nipples) and my lower back is killing me. I also cramped the entire 7 days! Nothing bad but just uncomfortable and as time went on they became less AF-like and more pulling and aching in my hip bone and pelvis area. My cramps ALWAYS stop the next day after my period starts and my breast soreness is gone by day 3. My breasts are also still really veiny, full and feel warm.

So the kicker is all of my tests have been negative. Now I'll be honest I've only used one FRER test before the bleeding started (7 days ago) and only a few cheapie internet strips since and mainly in the PM after work and I drink a lot of water. I made a doctors appointment for tomorrow but am getting nervous. I literally FEEL CRAZY. My legs, hips and back are so achy. Cramps/pulling in my pelvis here and there and nauseous in the evening.

Long story short I could really just use some support. My husbands out of town until Friday morning and I feel crazy and alone. Anyone had anything like this? Or I would just love some kind comments in general. Sorry just needed to vent!!

My list of DPO symptoms found in this thread below:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...-please-read-first-post-538.html#post37539302

Oh bless you, I've not really had a similar experience in terms of light bleeding but I had a really long cycle last month and I felt really worried! I was pretty sure I wasn't pregnant (I wasn't) but I was still worried about what was wrong..!

I hope you get some answers very soon, the doc should help hopefully! Let us know how you get on! I hope it's good news!

Thank you Bollz!! Hoping I get some answers. At this point I would have just been happy with my regular AF instead of all of this craziness! I'll definitely update thread after my appointment. Glad to know I'm not alone 🙏🏻

Didn't want to read and dash, but I can't say I've had much experience. It does sound a lot like pregnancy. I would think that at this point, you should be getting a nice line even without a hold. However, I have read some posts from women that had neg HPT and blood test and ended up being pregnant and not knowing until they practically forced their doctors to do an ultrasound.
FX for you and I'll be checking back :)

Thanks Atuck2!! I appreciate your support :) Just so ready to get answer. Planning on requesting literally every kind of test tomorrow and my GYNO is usually pretty great about over testing! Haha!

I understand your frustration! I'm still a few days away from expected AF but have been spotting brown with 1 episode of bright red at 7dpo for the last 3 days. All tests so far are bfn. I am worried something is wrong but DH keeps saying I'm pregnant but I'm not so sure!

I totally understand you. I was getting a lot of cramps and pelvis/leg pain after ovulation and I was due on yesterday spent most of the day feeling like I needed a BM. But no AF still. Only slightly pink or slightly brown discharge, and only when I wiped - nothing substantial. All my tests have been negative but they were early and I was using cheapies. But you know when it like couldn't be more negative, white as snow!
Any way I had been noticing on the tests the red dye all looked like they'd started to go before me putting it in urine (photo attached). And I'm now wondering if the tests were faulty or if my mind is trying to make sense of it all.
image.jpg
Fingers crossed for you xx

Well ladies I had a horrible doctors visit. Soooo frustrated. I never even mentioned wondering if I was pregnant but was more concerned with the backaches, spotting and breast soreness. Peed in a cup and it was negative (not surprised). The Nurse practitioner did the visit and checked my cervix and goes "oh it's red it's your period." You'll be fine. If it doesn't stop call us. Essentially said since it's not heavy it's nothing to worry about. I was so shocked I couldn't even ask questions. She said no need for a blood test but said if things don't get back to normal next cycle they'll put me on medicine to start my period. SERIOUSLY?! I felt so stupid and frustrated. Also asked if I'd had a partner switch?!?!?! (hinting at STDs). I was shocked. She had no answers and essentially said its your period. You'll be fine. She also said stay on your prenatals and keep being healthy?! What....I feel so confused.

Still don't get why my breasts are sore, big and veiny along with on and off cramps and back pain. I just feel so confused and lost. I refuse to use a medication to start my period. I'd rather let my body do what it needs to do in regards to my usually normal cycle.

Oh that's a shame, I was reading your symptoms and was really hopeful for you! If she only tested urine is there still a chance it was wrong? Defo keep an eye on your bbs and seek a second opinion if you're concerned. Xx

Thanks Missalisha001! At this point I'm so confused. I guess if symptoms continue I'll go to another doctor. I'll also continue testing here and there as well as taking my prenatals just in case. Hopefully you get your BFP soon!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"