(Updated) BBT Extreme Drop on CD 9??

Dottiee

TTC #1 with Long Cycles
Reaction score
I started my first round of Clomid (50mg) this cycle, and it's the first time I'll be able to chart accurately (my previous cycles lasted 4-6 months long).

I take my temp at the same time every morning, it's the first thing I do when I open my eyes. I know I'm not very far into this cycle, but my temp seems like it's everywhere and I just want to make sure this is normal for where I am in the cycle (hoping that the Clomid is doing it's job).

Any feedback from the charting experts is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 23
It doesn't look too erratic to be honest, I hope the clomid does it's job and you get a sticky bean soon :hugs:

It doesn't look too erratic to be honest, I hope the clomid does it's job and you get a sticky bean soon :hugs:

Ah that makes me so happy to hear.. err, read lol.

I was reading what the average temp range is before ovulation, and sometimes I dip way below so I got worried.

My BBT dropped huge today, but I'm only CD 9.. My last pill of Clomid was today. If this spikes tomorrow, does it mean I ovulated early? :/

I'm so confused.

Attachments

• photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 5
My BBT dropped huge today, but I'm only CD 9.. My last pill of Clomid was today. If this spikes tomorrow, does it mean I ovulated early? :/

I'm so confused.
It has to stay up for 3 days to show Ov. Just to be safe I would DTD. Have fun! !

Hey lady!

just came across your post here and wanted to give my input :)

single temps really don't say much about what's going on within your cycle...luckily. So if there's one or two that are off it could most likely be nothing. You kinda have to look at the overall pattern of where the temps are and yours seem to be normal pre o temps... :)

if you get a rise after this dip that stays up for 3 days, then I would say you did o. But its also possible some other factor..maybe sleeping pattern...is what caused you to be a bit lower today. I guess it can't hurt to keep bding since u should be close to o time now :) ..

thinking about ya lots and hoping you get your mothers day bfp early :)
FX!

Clomid really kick starts your body into producing estrogen, lh, and fsh all of which make your bbt drop. That being said you could ovulate early still but either way clomid will cause a bbt drop after a few days of use in my experience. Good luck and catch that eggy!

Clomid really kick starts your body into producing estrogen, lh, and fsh all of which make your bbt drop. That being said you could ovulate early still but either way clomid will cause a bbt drop after a few days of use in my experience. Good luck and catch that eggy!

Well that's good to know! I'll stop freaking out now haha. If the temp drop is caused by Clomid, then hopefully that means it's working!

I'd say so as I do see your bbt dropping! All these wonderful hormones do correlate with (wreak havoc) with our temps. Progesterone of course makes it go up post ovulation and during pregnancy progesterone really kicks up making women really feel like an oven cooking a bun lol.

My temp was the exact same today as it was yesterday, so it doesn't seem like I'm ovulating early, yay! My GYN said my fertile window is CD 11-17, and I'm CD 10 now. I really really hope I do get to see a temp spike, I want this Clomid to work so bad.

That's good news:) time to start bding.

fingers are crossed so tight for you :)

It dropped even lower today.. Down to 35.82C (96.47F). Maybe it's the Clomid making it drop lower than the normal average?

It dropped even lower today.. Down to 35.82C (96.47F). Maybe it's the Clomid making it drop lower than the normal average?

I'm sure the Clomid is really causing your lh to surge big time and you bbt drop. I bet if you were using an opk it would be blazing positive right now or tomorrow at the latest lol. Looks like you got the bases covered so good luck this cycle!:winkwink:

I'm sure the Clomid is really causing your lh to surge big time and you bbt drop. I bet if you were using an opk it would be blazing positive right now or tomorrow at the latest lol. Looks like you got the bases covered so good luck this cycle!:winkwink:

Ah you just made me so excited. I have been getting small twinging pains on my right side, so we're definitely gonna be DTD today.. And probably everyday for the next week lol

So my temp rose by 0.3°F today, hopefully it keeps rising :) All last night and today I've been experiencing what I believe it be ovulation pain or maybe just my ovaries waking up. It's only been on my right side except for 1 or 2 on the left, and it's kind of this dull pinching feeling that comes and goes every few minutes. I've never felt this before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"