Updated!!! Day 16. My 1st Big 'O' TEST :)

lesh07

mum of 5. Preg with no 6
Reaction score
Hi ladies. I have been ttc for 7 months now. I am currently on day 13 of a 28 day cycle. I am on my first month using ovulation stick and for the past 2 days i have been getting a very faint 2nd line and today when i tested it is still extremely faint, I would have thought by now being nearly half cycle i would have had a slightly darker line.

Help please? Should I go and seek help from the doctors?

You need to opk at least 2-3x a day, the surge can only last 2-3 hours so if your not opking often you could miss it.

I'd keep on testing.

Do you know how long your luteal phase is? If you have a 28 day cycle but only a 12day luteal phase then you won't ovulate until CD16. If you have a 10 day luteal phase you won't ovulate until CD18.

If you really want to find out when you ovulate start temping! Opks don't confirm your O, only temping. Or combination of both :)

Thanks ladies. This is going to sound mad but whats a lutal phase?? Lol....Never heard of it and i am ttc my 6th, Lol. How silly am I?

using opk and temping takes some practice. I would say keep going with it and you will learn what to look for and how your body changes during your cycle.

If you really suspect that you aren't ovulating your doctor can check with a simple blood test. You will get your blood drawn at a particular point in your cycle and they will measure your progesterone. The level will tell you if you ovulated the prior month.

Thanks ladies. This is going to sound mad but whats a lutal phase?? Lol....Never heard of it and i am ttc my 6th, Lol. How silly am I?

Your luteal phase is the time from when you ovulate until your period. It can range from about 10 days to 16 day, with 14 days being the average. It is usually the same for an individual woman each month.

Your follicular phase is the time from when you start bleeding until you ovulate. This varies greatly and can vary for an individual woman cycle to cycle. So if you had irregular cycles it would be caused by a different length follicular phase- the luteal phase would remain the same regardless of cycle length.

If you have 28 day cycles and have been assuming that you ovulate on day 14 (cos that's what the text books tell you) without any kind of monitoring, it could be that you haven't fallen pregnant yet as you have a luteal phase that's a bit shorter and been timing intercourse wrong. You might find you have a shorter luteal phase and ovulate later in the cycle.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2a/MenstrualCycle2_en.svg

....of course you could have a perfectly average 14 day luteal phase and this month your gonna having a randomly longer follicular phase and will ovulate later in the cycle and go on to have a later period.

Temping CONFIRMS ovulation, OPK's can predict it but not confirm it. Start OPK's at day 10, twice - three times a day, and yes if you dont get anyh results then start temping and charting

....of course you could have a perfectly average 14 day luteal phase and this month your gonna having a randomly longer follicular phase and will ovulate later in the cycle and go on to have a later period.

Thankyou so much for your input. You really word things very well! xx

Thankyou to all ladies very much appreciate your help. Good luck getting your bfp's and will keep posting my results to get some more lovely advice. x

After 5 babies I doubt you have any problems with ovulation. Also a healthy woman can have up to 3 anovulatory cycles a month aswell

UPDATED!!!! Does this look like it's getting darker? To test from yesterday, Bottom test is this mornings.

2013-10-12 09.03.29.jpg

Thankyou. well I am on day 14 (officially mid-cycle) so really hope they continue to get darker over the next 2 days otherwise the egg may not have enough time to implant and settle before af is due. x

What do you think? not looking good is it?

2013-10-13 08.11.39.jpg

Some people's go from nothing to blaring pos and back to nothing in a few hours!
Or u could just be like me where those things don't work at all!

Thanks hopeful. Hubby thinks that maybe they are just not working. I have been testing 2 times a day hoping to all of a sudden see 2 dark lines. We still dtd last night on cd 14, So fingers crossed. Hubby also thinks that i might O later this month. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->