UPDATED - ECTOPIC?? PAGE 2 hcg level extremely low!! completely scared & confused

bbb2009

WTT after ectopic
Reaction score
this is my first post and i really appreciate any advice, answers, stories, etc. i went to the ER last night because i had been experiencing some abdominal cramping over the last few days and just wanted to put my mind at ease that everything would be okay. we have been trying to conceive and i was just recently diagnosed with endometriosis. we had just discovered that we were pregnant and could not believe it and were so ecstatic! we were also shocked because i had a normal period on schedule (27 day cycle) on dec 3 and it lasted as normal 4 days. our conception date would have been around 11/17-11/22. i really don't necessarily understand how you calculate how far along you are based on that, but the math never seems to add up when i read how far i am along vs when we conceived. so, any help on that is appreciated. i was given two internal vaginal ultrasounds and was told that there was nothing showing at all, no sac, nothing. but, that it could be normal if i am very early in pregnancy. they did a beta blood test and then told me that my hcg level was 83. i wasn't sure if that was unheard of, but knew that it was not in the "normal" range. the dr that perfomed the 2nd ultrasound told me that i could not have conceived on the date i gave her. i told her that i did conceive on that date and we had not had intercourse since then. but, she told me that she would at least be able to see the sac and that my hcg levels were not high enough. so, she gave me no answer as to what was going on, but i was sent home with a pamphlet on miscarriage. i am distraught right now because i am in this state of not knowing what to do or what is going on. i went to my obgyn today and they took another beta test and we should have the results tomorrow, but i am just wondering if anyone has every had their hcg this low at this stage in pregnancy and if it is most likely a miscarriage. your responses are appreciated!!

hey hun didnt want to read and run, not sure what the figures should be at that stage as i had mine done later than that but the best thing to do is relax drink plenty of water with your feet up and wait for the next results and if there is a rise then hopefully all is well, good luck xxx

Sorry you going through this...are you having another HCG ? I hope it brings you some answers. x

Mine was 11!!!! yes 11, when I had a MC. All I can say is that you need to get a second level done. Its not so much about the numbers, more whether they double over 48-72 hours. Get a second and go from there. There are lots of sites that youcan put yr numbers into to see the doubling rate.

I would say, when mine was 11 I posted on here to see if anyone had had low numbers and go on to have a successful pregnancy.....lots of people replied, that had gone onto carry to term! Dont lose hope, but get another one done.

Good luck xxx

Hi hun mine was 83 when I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy at 5w 5 days. It rose slightly then decreased. BUT this doesnt mean you will have an ectopic, best to just have another HCG in a couple of days xx

When I went for mine on a Friday it was only 103, then on Sunday it was 332. I was concerned as I thought it should be in the thousands but my doc said everything looked fine and it was doubling great, but that I was barely pregnant. I went for a scan when I thought I was 7 weeks 3 days and the sac only measured at 5 weeks 3 days. I too only had sex for a couple days that month so I thought I was pretty sure about the conception time. Sperm can live in you for up to 5 days. So if you ovulated late or early ( on your next cycle) its possible you conceived later than you thought. Which is what happened to me ( I think...I go back for another scan on the 23rd) Best of luck to you! I hope everything will work out for you ( and me!:))

thank you all for your responses...i feel so deflated right now and it is so helpful to hear from other people with kind words and people who have been in my situation. it is the most awful feeling to not know if you have a baby growing inside of you or not. you think that as soon as you finally get that BFP, everything is great, but not always the case. i wish it was that easy, but i guess i will be so much more thankful to know that i have a healthy baby inside of me if i go through this craziness at first.

Hiya hun didnt want to read and run, cant give you any advice as ive never been told my HCG levels but just wanted to give you lots of hugs xxxx

So sorry you are going through this. Sometimes it's the unknown that is the hardest. I had low hcg numbers during all of my pregnancies and have 2 beautiful babes. Hope this is the case for you! :hugs:

Just remember that as long as you have hcg in your blood you ARE pregnant. A woman who isnt pregnant will have less than .05 hcg. At 83 you are definately pregnant. I know it is so hard not to worry as I worry all the time, but remember that stress is not good for you and your baby. Just try to be positive. :) At least thats what I tell myself everyday! :)

Just remember that as long as you have hcg in your blood you ARE pregnant. A woman who isnt pregnant will have less than .05 hcg. At 83 you are definately pregnant. I know it is so hard not to worry as I worry all the time, but remember that stress is not good for you and your baby. Just try to be positive. :) At least thats what I tell myself everyday! :)

thank you!! i am trying to tell myself that over and over! i know that it is not good to stress and i have certainly had my share of crying over the last 24 hours, so i left work a bit early and am trying to just relax and realize that i can do nothing but pray and allow God to work his miracle! thanks for your encouragement. it is so appreciated!

Worrying is not helping you or the baby and I know it is hard not to. As my midwife told me in my first pregnancy when i bled almost all the way through there is no point n worrying as i can not do anything about it! I was told i would miscarry my child 3 times by my doctor and he is now a happy little 3 year old boy. Now, i am pregnant again and whenever i start to worry (as i have had spotting) i remind myself that sometimes things might look bad but that does not mean anything until you know for sure! Try and stay positive!

No problem! I was a wreck after my scan and was all worried, but there is nothing I can do but stay positive and hope for the best. One of my really good friends passed away on the day I was supposed to ovulate and I think that threw my cycle off a bit which is why I am measuring behind what I thought I was......I feel like she is my angel and she is watching over me and my little bean. It is always good to have a buddy to talk to as well. So if you just need a friend I am here.:)

it might be too early to see anything... at first, i thought i was 5wk, and went for early scan, dr can't see the baby sac, and can't confirm that i'm pregnant... almost 2 weeks later went for another scan, and dr said i'm only 4weeks pregnant??? how is it possible??? i got a clear :bfp: on the day i ovulated? and my husband was busy travelling around that time.... so, nothing impossible... just wait for your 2nd blood result...

i had the same thing happen in oct. i messed up my pill and got pg with out trying. well af never showed up that month so when she was a week late i took a test and it was a faint pos. i started spotting 2 days later so i was sent for a ultrasound and they could see nothing. (i should have been at 5 weeks) went back to the drs they said my hcg was 127 and that was very low then they drew more blood and sent me for another u/s that one was also negative for anything. at my next dr appt they told me my hcg was at 199 (it rose but didn't double) then i started bleeding like a period and they drew blood again (it had been 3 days since the last) and my hcg was down to 49. the drs ruled it a m/c.
the ultrasound tech told me that you can't see anything by u/s until hcg reaches 1000
i'm really sorry to be a downer but your story sounded alot like mine, even though mine ended badly don't give up hope for yourself until someone tells you it over (and i mean your dr not just random people)

i just recieved a call from the doctor that my pregnancy is eptopic! i asked how he knew and he said that my hcg only rose 1 digit since the last bloodwork - they were taken only 16 hours apart. has anyone gone through this? i am so scared to take the medication to terminate the pregnancy. i keep feeling like they are wrong! when i had the two vaginal ultrasounds on sunday night, both doctors did not see any signs of an eptopic pregnancy. i don't know what to do! i am freaking out!

Oh hunny i don't know what to suggest except asking for another scan before taking the medication???? I'm sosorry you're going through this :( hugs xxx

sorry youre going through this hun with all the uncertainty. last time i was pregnant they suspected ectopic but couldnt tell off the scan, sometimes if youre not far enough along signs wont show x

Hi hunni

Im so sorry you are going through this. I have had a ectopic myself. Now if you have feelings everything may be ok i suggest u ask them to scan you one more time because it will put your mind at rest.

Now with the medicine, id say take it and soon because i didnt and my tube ruptured at 6wks plus and i lost my tube which left me with one (thankfully the good news to my story i have gone on to have 2 children and pregnant with my 3rd) so please keep possitive if this turns out to be a ectopic. The medicine is the best chance of keeping your tube so if i were you id demand another scan first this is your body your baby and they will listen if you push them!!

Please keep us updated. I will be thinking about you. PM me if you ever need to chat i know what your going through x

Hi hun have they offered you methotrexate, I highly recommend this, i had it on November 2nd and i was clear 28 days later and AF showed 30 days after Methotrexate. Was quite painless however you have to wait 3 months to TTC again.
It took 3 scans to determine mine as well and they had to prod and poke hard.

PM me if you need some advice xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->