(Updated - Page 2) Nervous...getting my hcg betas and progesterone results today.

• Thread starter jerseyshoregirl
  • Start date
J

jerseyshoregirl

Good morning ladies!

Really looking for some PMA today if you have some to spare!

I should hopefully get the results of my hcg betas and progesterone levels today. I gave blood on Tuesday morning and yesterday morning. Labs/dr said we should have the results today.

I am really nervous. I had a natural m/c in mid-July at 8wk4d and the nurse recommended we do the bloodwork early to see if my levels are increasing as they should be this pregnancy. As I mentioned in my other post, my (o)(o) are not as sore as they were (they are still sore though to a degree) and they seem to have deflated already. I am still salivating a lot, am really tired, my HPT has a really dark test line on it, and I have no cramps or bleeding (knock on wood!)...but I am still scared.

Any advice, good vibes, stories on your experiences would really be appreciated!!!

JM

Hi hun. try and relax - and good luck with the results. My symptoms kept stopping and starting at about 5 or 6 weeks too - they went from one extreme to the other and it used to really freak me out.
good luck with hcg chick - will be thinking about you. xxx

Hey. Good luck hun and a little hope I was told that 1 in 3 women will misscarry and almost all of them will go on to have a completely normal pregnancy right there after. I forget the exact percentage but this is what almost everyone has told me and it happened for me... Almost in second trimester and I lost my first baby at 8 weeks... So keep your chin up and dont worry. Stress isnt good.

Kelly

Sending lots of good vibes :)

Curious. Does everyone get those tests done? Or is it after a miscarriage? I'm just wondering cause I don't quite understand why we have to give SO MUCH blood!

Jersey,

I had a miscarriage in 4/07 and just got my bfp about the same time as you. I was real nervous so I had my levels checked last week and they were perfect, I had more blood taken yesterday to make sure they keep rising. I was so scared to get the results. I think we just gotta keep a PMA, like said a large percentage- I read some where like 94% have a successful pregnancy following a miscarriage! Good luck to you :hug:

Oh you ladies are wonderful! Thank you for the support :hugs: I know they have my test results in, so now it's just a matter of waiting for the doctor's call.

And to think I had the idea that "getting pregnant" was going to be the hard part! I am Fertile Myrtle in that department (2 :bfp: on 1st try for each cycle)...now I just need to STAY pregnant! Hoping this is the lucky cycle!

I really appreciate your words of hope.
JM

Hey JM, Can't you call them? Keeping my fingers crossed for you. xx

Hey JM, Can't you call them? Keeping my fingers crossed for you. xx

I called yesterday...he was in the other office. I called this morning and I was told he would not be in until after 1pm. He is really good about getting back to his patients, so I know he will call me when he has the chance to. I am glad they have both sets of results in so that he can compare them.

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Doctor was very happy with the numbers.

My hcg count went from 400 to 1653 in a matter of two days...never mind doubling, they quadrupled! I explained to him that I O'd late this month - had positive OPKs on CD 17/18 too. He felt comfortable with the numbers even before hearing that tidbit of information.

My progesterone is at 26...falls right in the normal range for someone only 5wk2d along.

And while I THOUGHT I was going to wait until the after the wedding to get my first scan, he wants to see me next Friday just to make sure everything is coming along okay.

So here goes it! Have to tell OH the news tonight when I get home. Glad I have you all to tell when I'm still at work! :happydance:

Thank you again for all the support and well wishes. :hugs: I am going to try and take it one day at a time...

JM

Fantastic news, so glad the results were good

ooooohhhhhh its maybe twins as ur levels have gone really really higher in such a short time!! not that i know wether this appens with twins like!! CONGRATS :)

OMG...if that was the case, I would be thrilled!
But I will be just as happy with one healthy child :happydance:

I looked up the hcg levels for twins and it varies but your level falls in it. I figure you are 18 DPO and the average for twins at 18 DPO is 1193. Here is the site:
https://www.betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Multiple

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->