(UPDATED! Pg 4) I don't see any possible way the cat won't get out of the bag...

Why don't you tell everyone at the reception as an added surprise for them?

Another one is - the stress from the big day is giving you a slight headche and you dont want to trigger it for later iykwim, then people will get off the baby topic and make funnies about the wedding night :)

Oh and congrats :)

Or - if anyone asks if you are preggers gasp and sulk and ask if you very expensive wedding dress makes you look fat!

You have alot of patience to wait though I admire that :)

I had a natural m/c in mid-July at 8wk4d and the thought of "disappointing" everyone again (especially on my side of the family as there are no grandchildren on my side) is especially scary. Just trying to be cautiously optimistic. Going through a m/c will do that to a girl.

just don't drink anything at all, and sneak off and drink water every now and then.

aww babe have a lovely day.. be thinking of u xx

Not long now hun, hope you have a fantastic time xxxx

I barely drank at our wedding in August 2006, and when anyone asked why I replied, it's a pain in the butt going for a pee in this dress lol. Could you get away with that??

Congrats on your impending wedding celebrations x

I'd fake it, get the occasional drink...fake a few sips...then give to your hubby to finish! He'll be delighted! Than of course sneak in some apple juice and have some of that and the occasional water. I'm sure people will buy that! Oh and just tell everyone that you love them....that's what I usually do when I drink (when I'm not pregnant of course!)...then they know I've had a few! lol

:) Congrats on the wedding and the baby sweetie! :)

There are some great ideas here about the not drinking thing. If you just keep a glass of non-alcoholic wine in your hand all the time, nobody is going to think you aren't drinking and won't bother you at all about that. Good luck sweetie! :hugs:

Love,
Amy.

OoooOOOOo I bet you cant wait!:dance:

I would say I am on antibiotics and I have a water infection and not allowed to drink!!!!! :happydance::hug:

You enjoy your day lovely, I cant wait to see the piccies x x x x x x

I barely drank at our wedding in August 2006, and when anyone asked why I replied, it's a pain in the butt going for a pee in this dress lol. Could you get away with that??

Congrats on your impending wedding celebrations x

I didnt drink at our wedding it was SOOOOOOOOOO much to take in .. i didnt eat hardly anything either! See how you get on i think the cider will be a good idea!

have a wonderful wedding!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to give you a quick update... so the cat did NOT get out of the bag! Well, not entirely anyway. No one asked me directly if I was pregnancy, but I know my non-drinking did not go unnoticed. I think people were "probing", and really - that's okay! We'll be telling them all anyway after either next week's scan or around Thanksgiving.

The wedding went wonderfully! The weather was perfect (warm and slightly overcast), my father DID show up to walk me down the aisle (parents hadn't spoken but two times in 15 years!), the bagpiper and singer at the church were amazing, and people partied at our celebration until the very last song! There were definitely some glitches (wrong color linens, opening all the wine bottles on the tables instead of serving them from behind the bar, not having enough tables at the reception and having to "break up" tables, etc.) - but I chose NOT to be a bridezilla and everyone really enjoyed the celebration!

Ah....I can breathe again! Newly, happily married! Pregnant and feeling great! LIFE IS GOOD! Thank you to everyone for your well wishes. I'll post some pictures soon :)

Jeannie

a glass wont hurt just take a glass of wine around with you take the odd sip every now and then and if anyone asks its your 5th glass haha

YAY!! Congrats, so glad your day went wonderfully :)

congrats! looking forward to some pics! xxx

Huge congrats on your wedding! Sounds like you had fun! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back