Upped ferma dose

mummytoangels

Reaction score
Del Purcell
I have a quick question if u dnt mind? Just wondering if any of u ladies have been on femara? Also did it get upped from 2.5 to 5mg even if u were Oing on the lower dose nd wot was the outcome? Was that the month u got ur BFP?

I have done 4 rounds of femara (had a 2 month break between 1,2 nd 3,4) I was on 2.5 nd Oing just fine. My doc wants to up me to 5mg so I was just wondering if it worked doing this for others. I have also done clomid nd it didn't get me pregnant.

Thank u ladies Xx

Hi there. I have done 3 cycles of Femara. I took 2.5mg, 5, and 7.5. In my opinion it sounds right that your doctor is upping your dose. Femara actually does not affect your ovulation, you would need a different medication to force yourself to ovulate if your body doesn't do that on its own. A higher dose of Femara will increase your chances of developing more than one follicle during a cycle. If you develop 3 follicles then when you ovulate you will release 3 eggs (If all the follicles are good ones) and then you would have 3 chances at fertilizing an egg that month. Of course this also gives you the possibility of more than one baby but the risk of that is probably low if you aren't' getting pregnant at all with one egg.

Make sense? Let me know if it doesn't :)

I did not get pregnant on my Femara cycle. Regardless of the dose I took I only made one follicle per month. I do know that many women respond well to Femara after Clomid didn't work for them.

Thank u ladies!! I already O on my mine as femara or even clomid when I was on it wasn't to help with ovulation it was to give us a "helping hand" I seem to respond really well as far as follicles r concerned as I generally have at least 12 nd one month I had 22. I am not to concerned about multiplies as I have gave birth to twins nd also conceived triplets on all natural cycles.
Femara does effect ovulation sweetie nd it does help those that dnt O on there own to get them Oing, it works just the same as clomid nd other fertility drugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->