Upset...just want support?

She sounds like a real bitch hun

Try and get some milk into her diet though sweetie maybe mix her formula with her cereal if she has some

Just ignore her, you know yoru baby better than anyone :hugs:
xx

im shocked!! thats so rude of her, its none of her business. it sounds like you're doing a brilliant job and she doesnt really seem to know what she's talking about.
its not like sienna will grow up thinking her nan actually IS her mum, its just all she can say atm, all kids do it :shrug:
what a stupid girl xx

Sounds like a real bitch for sure. :hugs:
You're doing the best you can for your daughter and I'd say you're doing a damn fine job raising her! :thumbup:

It seems like when your pregnant/have a child everyone else suddenly becomes an expert and tells you all this unwanted advice and it will drive you straight up a wall!
I haven't even had my L/O yet and have been getting plenty of it..

*hug* listen, people are always going to try to put others down to ease their own insecurities and feed their own bias. You know that you're a good mother, and if she can't see that it's her problem. My sil is about 12 years older than me and some of the crap that came out of her mouth was ridiculous. She has low self esteem and i think putting me down made her feel better about herself, but guess what the proof is in the pudding, my girls are now 10 and 7, top of their classes, well rounded beautiful girls and though she still makes comments that they are 'wild' etc, anyone can see that I've done a good job. Don't let her spoil you or kiddo's relationship with your nan, extended family are important in your childs life. Totally ignore snide remarks, be mature and it'll pee her off but it will make her look like the petty person she is. Start just saying calmly "we'll have to agree to disagree", "each to their own" and " thanks for the advice but I'm happy that this is the right thing for us". If she doesn't take the hint, just walk away. She'll get the message. Good luck x

Your bitch cousin sounds extremely ignorant and I hope she knows that too. Chocolate isnt going to harm a young one, and as you said, little kids want everything everyone else is eating. Secondly, its your money to spend the way YOU want. Atleast your not ignoring your child, leaving her alone with your nan everyday, and spending it ALL on yourself. A babe's first xmas is supposed to be full of stuff, funny to watch them open. How rude of her to say you cant handle your child and shove her off onto your nan, personally I would have told her to buzz off. Espcially around the holidays. Guh ppl think that just b/c we're young, we dont know how to parent whent he truth is, most of us are better parents than most 35 yr olds. Tell her to shove it and enjoy your holiday sweety, your an awesome mum and dont let her tell you otherwise.

That sounds horrid! You should ignore her, it sounds like you're doing a much better job than she is. She could be suffering from some sort of post natal depression or just plain jealousy! And don't worry about her calling your nan "mum" - all babies do it, I even called my milkman "dad" when I was a baby, to much amusement!
It's sounds like you're doing a great job, keep it up!

thanks everyone :)
i love this site can always count on support here :) xx

what a hoe if you dont mind me saying lol id tell her to keep her nose out of places it doesnt belong or shell be getting it fixed id have slapped her if that was my cousin you dont criticize peoples parenting they do the best they can

she is prolly just putting you down about how much you bought because she is jealous, and maybe she is jealous your nan doesn't ask her to come over as much?
who knows, maybe you need to talk to about how you feel? or punch her..lmao.

Ignore the cow! you are doing an amazing job with your gorgeous little girl . Sod what she thinks! When i was little i called everyone mama. Even my sister who was 2 or something at the time and even dolls and teddies where called mama and dada most kids do it! You's brilliant no matter what she say's ignore her and you bring your gorgeous girl up just the way you are x

thanks girls!
she gets invited everywhere with me and nan but deicdes shes to busy and asks nan to go out on a day i ent there!
i dont know, im just getting sick of her now! xxx

sounds like she knows nothing about babies lol get her a baby book my lo is 10 months old and say weeweee for food lol dosnt matter what it is she dosnt actully know what it is its because i'm eating it or daddy or her nana,and for the mamamama thing all babies do that its part of developing speach gabrielle n spend hours saying mumumumu dadadadada babababa, dont worry you sound like your doing a brilliant job dont worry bout your cousin maybe shes just insecure bout her own ability as a mother, i went razy with gabrielles xmas presents to i kinda spluged but its her first christmas it made me happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->