Upsetting name incident- new vote pls

Willow raven gorgeous and by far my favourite on your list although i like most names you've got but don' change because others have an opinion! We haven't made the mistake of telling people this time as I have no concern about what other people think of my baby's name.
And a fyi Poppy's name came from my mums cat and our son's name will be the same as dh's mum's cat. So what? We love the names :) x

Rayna Fae is lovely. Fae was on my list. We have middle names but no first names. So ours will be. ..............Ivy Leigh Beetles. Just trying to persuade oh to just leave as that. But he will only allow Ivy as a middle name. Love that its on your middle name list. It was my dads mums name - I never met her.
Maybe just keep your lists and see what suits when she comes, that is what we are doing for first names....and sod what every one thinks. Its your child not theirs.x

My dad's mum was called ivy and it's my middle name too! X

God no don't change it!

Willow Raven is beautiful, and definitely my favourite from all the names you listed. Screw everyone else. If it's not their baby, they don't get a say.

I am surprised that you weren't expecting some kind of backlash towards such an uncommon name. I think it's lovely, so don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's anything at all wrong with it. We knew when we picked Maverick Willoughby that we'd have some questionable responses, but we didn't care. I think the only thing you did differently than us is you asked for opinions. Never ask for opinions unless you're prepared to hear them :/ We announced our name and made sure to let everyone know that's the name, whether they like it or not. If Willow Raven is your dd's name, then that's her name. Any of the names you suggested are bound to be questioned by someone somewhere, it's just the way it is. Don't second guess yourself and regret it later. Just politely say that you appreciate the responses, but she's definitely your Willow Rave,.

Its your baby so in all honesty other peoples opinion means nothing.

We got a few funny looks and people saying things with River and Fox when i was pregnant but funnily enough as soon as baby is here all i get told is how lovely their names are

We considered Raven and also Raine

Why why why do people feel the need to give opinions on other's baby names? I am absolutely livid over the responses I have been getting to every name I have chosen for my baby. The nerve of people. I even picked a more common "safe" name figuring everybody would like it & only one person said they did. Yet when people give me their (ugly, stupid, boring, common) suggestions, I politely give a reason why we can't use that name (always a lie) & tell them it was a great suggestion. Why am I able to make people feel good about their stupid suggestions but nobody can be bothered to be concerned with my feelings over my actual choices. This subject hits me on a personal level so I totally get what you are going through. If somebody picks out a name for THEIR baby, yes...their own baby, like this baby is mine, I always say I love it, even if I'm lying. I'd honestly rather have people lie to me at this point. I'm so sick of having my feelings hurt.

That being said I love both raven & willow (& no I'm not lying lol). Willow is not going to remind anybody but your family of a dog b/c I have never met one dog named willow! And after they meet the baby, it will be the baby's name, not the dogs. Geeze, I could see if you were naming her blackie, or Rex or something. And I've always thought raven was cute since that little girl on the Cosby show. Grandparents just need to stfu.

I wouldn't change the name you have picked - it's lovely! There are always going to be people who don't like the name you pick. But it's not up to them. I'm Scottish with a Welsh husband and since we are living in Scotland we decided on Welsh baby names. A few girls at work actually laughed in my face saying they sounded stupid but I don't give a rats ass! My baby, my name choice! Same for you xxx

Its your baby so in all honesty other peoples opinion means nothing.

We got a few funny looks and people saying things with River and Fox when i was pregnant but funnily enough as soon as baby is here all i get told is how lovely their names are

We considered Raven and also Raine

Thanks Ladies your all amazing I need to be a stronger person. Ive always cared too much what people think, its a bit downfall with me.

Can I just say I adore your name choices, River is what Id like to call my child should we have a boy in the future. My son who is 12 is called Logan, and of course I love Willow and Fox is fabulous too x

really really really don't change the name you've had your hearts set on - you really will regret it xx

Willow Raven is a seriously beautiful name! Although all the names on your list sound nice. I also really like the idea of Fae as a name :)
Naming a person is such a difficult thing to do but only you and your OH know the right name for your baby. There's always going to be someone who disagrees but it's not their baby!

Love all those names! I will tell u we kept our baby girl name a secret and no one will get to know it until she is born and it's on the birth certificate! Everyone wanted to name her and it's OUR daughter so we choose! 😁 anyways you go with what makes u happy not everyone else and if they don't like it well tough shit! I really really really loved Autumn Rose, Willow Raven, all if the ones u chose are gorgeous! Good luck!

I haven't read the rest of the posts but you'll never be able to please everyone so go with your heart and name your baby whatever you want to. Willow Raven is lovely, as are the rest of your choices.

I'm experiencing something similar. The two names at the top of my list are Stella Grace and Evelyn Grace. My mother's mother is Stella and my father's mother is Grace. My husband's parents are not keen on Stella at all. I really wasn't aware they disliked it so much until he told me that may be why he was shying away from it.

I hope you stick with your dream name! I never gave second thought web revealing our DD's name (I had yet to reveal DS's name because I still don't know what it is yet LOL) because, well, she is OUR daughter and if they don't like the name well... maybe I don't like their name! :p

You could always reply back with that (Well maybe I don't like your name either! Haha). It could be funny but also a way of saying "Didt ask for your input!"

I like Willow Raven, i didnt think of dark things at all! Its hard to hear that people dislike the name even when you tell yourself it doesnt matter. Our name has been shattered into smitherins to the point where i started doubting it, so now our baby has no name :(

Aeryn Rose is beautiful :) but so is willow raven . End of day it's your choice and not the family members outside your own little family x

I got my son tysons name from a puppy haha I loved it as soon as I heard it my granny gave me all kinds of hell for it saying its a dogs name etc but I didn't care. He suits his name perfect and I'm glad I stuck to my guns. Keep the name you love screw everyone else x

I am in the same boat as you! Well kind of my mom and the babies father absoluetly hate the name Zaiden but I am absoluetly in love with it!! So guess what my sons name will be, Zaiden for sure because heck I'm the one who has him in my belly so what I say goes haha, besides the babies father and I are not together, so it is up to me to decide.

I had willow rose picked out when I was pregnant with DS2. I think it's beautiful. I agree with your dad I don't like raven it doesn't sit well with me but its not my child. Please call her what ever you want to, if you don't you will regret it.
Out of the ones you have there Evelyn Rose is so pretty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->