Upsetting name incident- new vote pls

this is the thing, I was asking for trouble really as it wasnt like I announced the name I wrote 'were pretty sure what babies name will be but was just intrigued what people thought to some of our ideas, some being or middle name' then listed about 7 names. I wanted to see what people honestly thought so they didnt know when they said they hated Raven or that willow just reminds them of the dog that these were our final 2 names, so it is my own fault really but was still very upsetting. I cant use Raven not when someone so strongly despises it saying they are horrid creatures and is a goth name etc. Its just tainted it for me really, as well as others saying its a very hard name. We just dont see that at all its so eathy and spiritual to us! You ladies have been wonderful at boosting me thats for sure, but its funny that some of our other name ideas have really started to grow on us, and even if they hadnt said all that i really think they would be in the running!! so im quite confused which way to go, all I know is that now I will use Willow if we want to, when she is born we will see, but equally in the list of names is Rayna (our little ray ray!) or Aeryn or Eliza possibly Evelyn. with different middle name ideas (mostly like Rose or Fae for Rayna) so its all turned quite exiting in a way, this has let us accept different name ideas to ourselves so we now have several names we adore that we will chose one of to best suit her when we see her, so I do think all has turned out ok :) :flower:

I love Raven... all the other names feel incredibly common (except possibly fawn)

and you obviously love willow

stick with what you love, its a really great name

I love Raven... all the other names feel incredibly common (except possibly fawn)

and you obviously love willow

stick with what you love, its a really great name

Really? I think Rayna is quite unusual I have certainly not come across that name on anyone before. Willow is a lot miore common and know a few Willows about. Im quite happy that Rayna Fae is unusual enough for us, I do love raven But we have fallen in love with Rayna now too so we get the best of both worlds, I dont have to feel upset knowing our daughter has a name people in the family hate, and we still love the name and can nickname her Rae rae still :) x

...oh and Aeryn I dont think is common either! :-/

you go with what YOU like. When we told people we were calling our son Harley they all said "oh you cant call him that, blah, blah, blah" Well, when he was born i did call him Harley and funnily enough nobody said a thing about it!! :flower:

We have a Annika daisy, holli Cassandra, zahria victoria and a magdolyn delta in our family. I love unusual names so does my mum obviously.

We have a Annika daisy, holli Cassandra, zahria victoria and a magdolyn delta in our family. I love unusual names so does my mum obviously.

I wondered for a 2nd there... I thought the names you had wrote were your kids then because you said about your mum loves unusual names i looked to your username thinking that must hint at your name then.....Um...Batman?.....I am thinking im wrong here haha!

*second not 2nd...Im so tired had heartburn and acid reflux all night!!

I love Evelyn and Eliza. I'm biased, I have an Eliza of my own. However I think you should go with the name you love. If you change it to satisfy other people you'll regret it forever.

I think people are sometimes unsure of a name until the baby is born, and then it grows on them and they'll stop associating Willow with your mom's dog and your daughter will become the first Willow they think of. Either way, it's your child, your choice. Choose what you love!

I have a brother called Benjamin Ivan ripley Zeus Montgomery crump. Ripley from the alien movies haha and a brother called Manaaki which is Maori for protection. Lol no I'm not called batman that would be a bit crazy.

I wouldn't worry to much ... people get used to names they grow on y - no one was keen on my little girls's name now all I get is "Omg that's such a gorgeous name!".

:flower:

Thanks :) We have moved on so much from initial upset its turned right around! we Love a name more than the original so were pretty certain she will be called Rayna Fae. (Fae means fairy which we though was a sweet little touch and adds our own bit of personality!) so SOD anyone who doesnt like it we are thrilled with the name and Im NOT announcing it on facebook till she is born! x

Good for you. Its a beautiful name.

I like Aeryn best and then Eliza. All the middle names are cute but my favourite is Fawn.˙

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->