Urethra hematoma/Vaginal prolapse. Help!!!

trudie100

Reaction score
Hey ladies

Wasn't sure where to post this but here goes

I gave birth 3 weeks ago and yesterday was a little uncomfortable whilst walking around, when I went to the toilet and wiped there was fresh red blood which I thought was odd as the normal bleeding after birth you get had worn off. Even more strange the blood hasn't come from my vagina opening but it had come from my urethra (wee hole)

I freaked out and had a look in the mirror to see what was going on and noticed that my urethra was big, red, swollen and bloody when I wiped

It wasn't painful to wee or anything and only a little tender when I wiped but I went to the doctors that afternoon and she wasn't 100% sure what it was but said it was maybe a small bleed that had formed a hematoma and that I should have salt water baths a couple of times a day and it should go on its own

Fast forward to the next day (today) and I woke up feeling some pressure down below as well as needing to wee more. I had another look with a mirror and noticed what looks like a prolapse behind the urethra lump that's come up. It's like pink flesh behind it that looks like it should be inside - sorry I know it's way TMI and so gross :(

I went straight back to the doctor really concerned and she spoke to the hospital for me to see if they wanted me to come in and apparently they said I don't need to. That it sounds like a slight prolapse and hematoma and that it should go away on its own in a couple of weeks

They tested urine to check for uti and it was clear and they didn't seem that concerned to be honest but it's freaked me out and I'm so worried

Has anyone experienced anything similar ? Either a prolapse or a swollen urethral ? I had a cathater during birth but so odd any problems would come up 3 weeks after giving birth

Can anyone help or shed any light? X

I had a vaginal prolapse after giving birth. I noticed a bulge coming out of my vagina and it felt weird. I never discussed it with my doctor - I'd just push it back in (OMG TMI!) and do kegels. Not sure when or how it went back to normal but it did. Five years later my lady bits are totally fine. I am now preggers with 2nd and afraid of what will happen to my pelvic floor...

I had a bladder prolapse after having DD. It pushed my vaginal wall out below my urethra. Other than being uncomfortable. It soon resolved itself with plenty of pelvic floor exercises. My GP gave me 6 weeks to see if it improved, do I didnt need any further appointments.

I had a mild uterine prolapse after giving birth. I had to see a physiotherapist and lots of pelvic floor exercises and it resolved.

I had a section and developed a hematoma. Although it's a different case I know a lot about hematomas..,, the problem is they can get infected if they don't go away on their own. Mine lasted 5 weeks and I was hospitalized the entire time with fevers. Please keep a very close eye because if the body doesn't reabsorbed the hematoma it must be drained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->