Urgent advice please ladies: progesterone

angelmum31

Reaction score
So I have now had the results of my second 21 day progesterone test back. I use OPK's and temp every month so I knew the first test was done before I ovulated (doctor ignored me) so of course it came back negative.

This month I had it on day 24 (due to weekend and available appointments) but I came on my period on day 25 (evening though). The results came back as 'didn't ovulate as level was under 10'. Is this because my period was due the day after so progesterone naturally dropped or did I not ovulate? The doctors have squeezed me in for an appointment this afternoon (hence the urgent advice needed).

FF put my lp at 9 days this month and this was the first month (in about a year) that my temps rose constantly after 'suspected' ovulation?

OPK's show positive every month too.

Thanks in advance for the help & advice

Hi! I have a short LP, around 8 days. I am using crinone to help lengthen my luteal phase, see if your doctor will give you a prescription for progesterone

Thanks lusterleaf, I very much doubt my docs will help me as I already have a child and they made it clear that they would not fund any 'treatment' on NHS for another child :( I really just want to know whether progesterone levels drop enough day before period for a blood test to say 'didn't ovulate'... I can't find any information anywhere

If you are seeing a definite temp shift and positive OPK then you probably are ovulating. I am sure if I had a blood draw CD 21 it would be the day before my AF would start so I would think it would be low. If your doctor wont give you a prescription for progesterone I do know they sell over the counter progesterone but I don't know how safe/effective it is.

Yes progesterone drops drastically a day or two before your periods due which signals AF to come and thats what also causes moodiness and headaches around that time is the drop in progesterone. so your progesterone test would have been inaccurate, in order for it to be accurate it has to be done in the middle of the 2ww which is when progesterone will be the highest in ovulation cycles.

Thanks ladies, it is so hard to gauge the correct time for my 21 day tests as I used to have 26-27 day cycles ovulating day 18-20 but now I seem to be ovulating on day 15 but only 24 day cycles. NHS doc said she wouldn't help me now anyway so booked into private clinic. I have decided to give myself a month off ttc as its all too much for me now... Been trying for over 18 months with mc :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->