• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

urgent advice re length of menstrual cycle

M

Madeline

Hi everyone

my gyno is not working today and I am anxious because my period has come on day 21 of my cycle which I think must b unheard of for me. I did apparently ovulate on day 11 of cycle, I appeared to be normal they did blood tests either side of ovulation and the results were apparently really good.

I have read that to fall pregnant you need a luteal phase of 12-14days and if we had tried this month even though I ovulated the luteal phase would have been only 10 days.

Should I be worried? Its too late I am already worried. I have recently ( in the last 3 weeks ) cut my calorie intake significantly and I have increased my exercise levels so i can lose weight before getting pregnant. Could this bring about such a drastic reduction in the length of my cycle though?

Has anyone else had this experience?

thanks in advance

Madeline

How do you know you O'd on CD11?

Is the AF your getting normal flow and everything for you?

Hi thks for responding I am having an awful day.... I had an internal ultrasound and blood test on the day I ovulated. Is AF Abnormal Flow? if so then no the whole thing so far seems normal in the sense that it is day one and the flow is light which is what normally happens for me.

AF is aunt Flo...

I don't think exercise would affect your LP or diet either unless it's very extreme...

10 day LP is on the short side but I don't think it's drastic ...maybe just supplement with some B12...If you search threads for short LP you should find some good advice on how to make it a bit longer. I have seen girls get pg with only a 9 day LP though...

I would start temping so you can monitor your LP and see if it gets longer or if this month the 10 days was just unusual..Fertility Friend is a good sight if you want to temp

I charted for over eighteen months post-mc (got pregnant first time on second month, but mc'ed at 7-8 wks) and my cycles ranged from 21 to 44 days (GP thinks 44 day was possible chemical altho) -- I was hysterical as well on the 21 day cycle and when I asked a fertility nurse, she said that it could happen, but it is not the end of the world -- we merely extended our window of conception to day 7 to day 30 (fortunately, my husband loves me very much) and I finally got pregnant with (so far) sticky bean and my ob/gyn believes that we conceived around day 9-10 of my cycle, not the so-called magical day 14....

however, drastic weight loss can screw up your hormones, so it is possible that too much exercise/weight loss can be detrimental to charting your cycles, I would try to lose weight very, very, very gradually, e.g. I lost 3 stone (40-45lbs) over a year and was happy when I lost a lb a week, sometimes 2lbs but at least, didn't gain when stressed...

best wishes

I charted for over eighteen months post-mc (got pregnant first time on second month, but mc'ed at 7-8 wks) and my cycles ranged from 21 to 44 days (GP thinks 44 day was possible chemical altho) -- I was hysterical as well on the 21 day cycle and when I asked a fertility nurse, she said that it could happen, but it is not the end of the world -- we merely extended our window of conception to day 7 to day 30 (fortunately, my husband loves me very much) and I finally got pregnant with (so far) sticky bean and my ob/gyn believes that we conceived around day 9-10 of my cycle, not the so-called magical day 14....

however, drastic weight loss can screw up your hormones, so it is possible that too much exercise/weight loss can be detrimental to charting your cycles, I would try to lose weight very, very, very gradually, e.g. I lost 3 stone (40-45lbs) over a year and was happy when I lost a lb a week, sometimes 2lbs but at least, didn't gain when stressed...

best wishes

thks Sabrinakat that is a fantastic weight loss achievement:) I have to try to stop being hysterical you are right:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"