Urgent-need answers asap-possible ectopic?

K

katiemae7031

First off, I am posting this question for my sister. I just got off the phone with her, she was asking me for advice.
She is due for her period like tomorrow. Is it possible that if she was pregnant that she could be feeling symptoms of a tubal pregnancy already? She called me and was quite worried about some intense pain she was having. She said it started 3 days ago, and has gotten increasingly worse. When it first started, she said it was on her left side and was sometimes dull, sometimes sharp pain that was pretty much manageable. She said it would just come and go. Since then, it has intensified. She said it is now a constant pain that is on both sides now. She has explained to me that it hurts while at a rest, but when she moves or even coughs, it is a sharp stabbing pain that shoots through her lower abdomen into her vagina and anus. It causes her to yell out in pain. I asked her if she could be pregnant, and she said that she wasn't sure. I told her to take a pregnancy test, and she said she will tonight. I told her that if the pain got completely unbearable, then to go to the hospital. But if she could make it through today, then to wait and go to her regular doc tomorrow asap. Was this the right advice? If she were pregnant, she would only be right at 4 weeks along. Also, what are some other things that could be causing this?

I'm not a doctor or got any knowledge on it so I would say ring the hospital or just go xx

Thank you for your reply. She's going ahead and going to the ER as we speak

Thank you for your reply. She's going ahead and going to the ER as we speak

Glad she is getting checked out. With a EP it wouldn't b able to b determined until she is at least 6 weeks. Plz keep us posted wot happened. Hope nd pray all is ok.

They won't be able to tell if its a tubal pregnancy this early but its best to get checked so they can keep an eye on her and have her treated quickly if it does end up being a tubal.
Fingers crossed for her make sure you update us.

my sister had a tubal pregnancy. She said it felt like she had horrible gas pains. Hers went on for at least a week before she finally had to go to ER. She had no idea bc she had her tubes tied. Please let us know what the docs say! i hope she will be ok!

It is possible to have symptoms of an ectopic that early. If she goes to the hospital and tests positive for pregnancy they may well treat her with a suspected ectopic pregnancy.

When I had mine it was fairly bad, I had pregnancy symptoms then pain started, with 48 hours it was constant pain all over my abdomen and in my leg. I would def radiate around different areas.

It all depends on getting a positive test.

It could also be a cyst.

I would tell her that if she cant handle the pain, or if it get worse then to go to the hospital and get treated. If she see's her doc they will just refer her for the same tests she'd get at the hospital.

I suspected this at around 4.5 weeks and rang my doc, he said if it was ectopic it wouldn't be big enough to cause me pain or discomfort til around 6 weeks.

They gave her a pregnancy test and it was negative. So all they did was give her a pain shot and sent her home. They didn't even bother to do an ultrasound to see her kidneys or anything. She was pretty upset. She knows something isn't right, but they basically just gave her something for pain and pushed her out the door. That's why I HATE the ER. She tried to get in to see her regular doc today, but the soonest they could see her is tomorrow. Hopefully they can figure out what's going on. She's still in a tremendous amount of pain though.

I've felt this pain before, and it happens a few periods every year. It hurts sooooo bad! My doctors told me 9 years ago that's it's probably endometriosis. But they said that can only be confirmed by surgery. BC helps the pain, but when you're TTC, that's not an option. To be honest, I take hydrocodone and knock myself out. I had this last cycle and was on my bathroom floor crying. I feel her pain, and it's making me hurt just thinking about it! I also had severe pain on my left side (I thought it was a cyst). It turned out my colon was inflamed and if you don't get that treated, it could burst and release toxins! I agree that she definately needs to see her doctor. I'm going to see mine again later this month. Hope she feels better soon!

could she have endometriosis? I get pains like that as well... is it possible she has ovarian cysts? I hope she gets everything checked out and is doing okay!

sounds like what my daughter gets...she gets huge cysts that hurt like hell..she actually on strong non narcotic prescription pain meds for them each month...

this might be something to look into....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->