URGENT RESPONSE NEEDED: 12 week scan question

Judemomma

Reaction score
I have my dating scan tomorrow lunchtime. I've requested that it include screening tests for Downs Syndrome and Edwards and Patau's syndrome (T21/18/13).

I know I'm supposed to have blood tests to accompany the screening for T21 etc but my maternity pack only contained one blood test form for my Booking Bloods, which I had done weeks ago.

When do I have the bloods done for the T21/18/13?? Will they send me on the day of the scan? Will the give me the blood test form after the scan?

Anyone who can shed some light on this for me please?

My doctors have no idea and the Community Midwives at the hospital are not answering.

Thanks in advance!

I had my blood tests at the scan appointment. They had all the forms at the hospital. They do this every day, relax 😀

I had my blood tests at the scan appointment. They had all the forms at the hospital. They do this every day, relax 😀

Thanks for replying. So did they just send you down to the blood test place after the scan?

This is my second pregnancy but I can't remember what happened at my first twelve week scan with my son. I've lost a lifetime in sleep since he was born and my memory is paying the price!

Also, is it normal for MWs to basically not be that bothered about you if you've already had a baby? I found my MW really blaze at my booking appt. This all feels a bit haphazard this time around whereas last time, I was so on the ball!! It feels like yesterday I took the pregnancy test and now I'm 12.5 weeks! Where is the time going?!

I'm the same! Yep, I had a midwife appointment, then the scan, then I was sent for bloods and then I saw the consultant. All in one area of the hospital. My midwife is great this time around, but my midwife is my first pregnancy was terrible. I left her a voicemail saying I thought my waters were leaking, she rang back 3 days later! Good job I'd only wet myself 😂

. My midwife is great this time around, but my midwife is my first pregnancy was terrible. I left her a voicemail saying I thought my waters were leaking, she rang back 3 days later! Good job I'd only wet myself 😂

That's both awful and hilarious depending on how you look at it!

My MW first time round was an absolute gem - so supportive before and after I had my son.

I've only met this one once and she had a student MW with her. She basically found out it was my second, gave the nod to her student minion and left the room for most of the appointment, presumably to have a cuppa and a chat with the receptionists! I wasn't impressed but I've not had time to think about it until I realised my scan is tomorrow and I know very little!

I have a feeling this pregnancy is going to fly by. Last time, I could instantly name the fruit that my baby was the equivalent size of if ever I was asked. This time round I'm like, "erm, yeah, it's growing. I think I'm x weeks....." :wacko::blush:

I had my bloods done straight after the scan, by a mw

I know. I'm just like yeah I'm about 3 months now! I'm high risk this time so perhaps that's why I'm getting better treatment. I should have been last time if my midwife actually paid any attention! Good luck for the scan 😀

I had my bloods done straight after the scan, by a mw

Oh ok, that's comforting. Having yet more time off work to have more bloods on a different day would NOT go down well my employer :nope:

Thanks so much for replying x

Where I go for scans it's usually blood, urine test and Bp monitored, check all is well, scan then either rebook scan or see consultant depending on the outcome x

Thank you for replying.

I see you're expecting twins! Do they run in your family?

They run in my husband's family and everyone keeps telling me I must be having twins because I've been so sick. I'm not taking their advice as medical though! We'll find out tomorrow.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->