Urghh been silly and used my doppler already

Mrs.R

Reaction score
I know I know, I shouldn't have got out my Doppler just yet (I'm 9 weeks today) but the last few days I have been getting trying to find a little heartbeat with no success :(

Although I know it's still early I can't help to think the worst. :wacko:

I didn't get my Doppler until 10 weeks with my last pregnancy (and found it straight away) but I hear so many people finding it earlier.

I can't even tell what is my heartbeat or the 'placenta heartbeat'. The heartbeat which I am hearing is my own (80ish bpm) and then I can find a much slower whooshing that doesn't register on the machine - is this my placenta? I assumed the 'placenta heartbeat' would be much faster.

I was just over 9 weeks but it took days to find it & even now i still don't find it every time xx

Its very difficult to find it so early. Don't panic. It doesn't mean anything is wrong. Just leave it a while and try again. X

I am SUCH a worrier, so much so that I have paid for two private scans already, but I won't have a Doppler even at 12 weeks. My friend had one to give me and we decided it was best I didn't have it, if I couldn't find it at any point which could so easily happen as even the midwifes don't like to routinely listen for it until 16 weeks, then I would be getting so upset. Try put it away Hun at least for now X

The slower whooshing is more than likely still urs just from a different point.

I was looking from about 8 weeks then final,y found him/her at 9+4 but even now I don't find it every time.

It's so early!! A friend suggested laying on the bed near the bottom so ur legs hang down off the bed (kind of pushes ur pelvis up). That helped me find it xx

Honey, it's normal to have issues finding little bean at this stage ❤️ Try to relax ❤️ I didn't find my littles hb until 9 weeks and 2 days and have been able to find it ever since (I'm now 10+5)

I went to the Dr at 12 weeks and she couldn't find heart beat with the doppler. Did ultrasound and baby is fine just hanging out behind placenta.

I have an anterior placenta and had trouble finding the heartbeat until 14 weeks. Later on some days it was hard too, baby hid behind the placenta a lot! Don't worry while you're so early on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->