• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Urine infection.... effect on bub???

Freya

Toddler and baby
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondered if any of you can offer any wisdom on urine infections..... what a lovely topic!

Luckilly I've never had a urine infection to my knowledge before, but two recent urine tests this month have shown up with protein and white blood cells - apparently indicating infection. The only symptom I had was I was weeing a lot (thought it was 'normal') They finally sent my sample away to be tested at the lab this week and they've called me in today to pick up some anti biotics.

Ok, my worry is I might have had this infection for a short while..... can it have damaged my baby in anyway shape or form do you think???? Since hearing I 'may' have an infection I have done my best to stick to lots of water and cranberry juice... but was this enough??? EEEEK

well i spent the majority of my first pregnancy on antibiotics for recurrent infections and my daughter was fine. I had 2 already this time too and the last one was a bad one and alls fine. You will be ok just rest and drink

you'll be fine hun so will LO..! uv obviously caught it early enough so there shouldnt be any problems..! :)

UTIs are very common in pregnancy and aslong as they are treated, don't have much risk especially on LO. The only dangerous thing is when they go unnoticed and the infection works its way to your kidneys!

Hi ya hun, Well talking from experience as I've already had about 4 UTI's this pregnancy(yep alot of antibiotics) and my LO is just fine in fact growing big for his dates. It mainly affects you in terms of making you wee alot sorta aggravating your bladder so can be abit uncomfortable. As Blah11 said if left untreated for long can spread to the kidneys but thats in worse case situations. Your LO will be fine don't worry. x

I had a UTI at 24 weeks. I had no symptoms and one morning woke with painful tightenings and was in agony couldnt even stand up. MW told me to go straight into labour ward for monitoring and it turned out i had a UTI. I was in so much pain because id had it for so long and never known. Any longer it would of reached my kidneys. But the good new is it has no affect on bubs. The Doctor did say though if it had got to the kidneys and still not been detected it can bring on premature labour so atleast u are being treated for it. It will clear up in no time and all will be fine :D

xx

Thanks for the info girls! I feel lots better, my brain was working overtime. Have started the tablets so fingers crossed it'll clear up!!!! I see now why it's important for us to get tested everytime we go to see MW!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"