Urine Infection

maccy

Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls
Reaction score
Ok so had this two weeks back they gave me antibiotics then went today and still got it!!!! Gutted and having quite painful cramps from it, so she prescribed me more antibiotics and this is freaking me out cause I know that you not supposed to take anything when pregnant. She said that with uti's it's better to take them as not taking them can cause miscarriage. Do you know what ladies I am stressed out to the limit between brown mucus then blood, now this just want another scan asap to reassure me. :cry:

Oh you poor thing! When is your scan booked for? I know what you mean about antibiotics - I had a urine infection very early on and dr gave me some which completely freaked me out but then the pain was soooo bad I thought I'd die without them (drama queen - who me??!) so figured I'd be no use to anyone unless I took them! :dohh:

I'm sure you have but have you tried those sachets of cranberry stuff you can get over the counter?

Hope everything is ok :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Aw chick, I didnt want to read and run but I really dont have any 'useful' advice, I would try and push for more app with the doc though even for your peace of mind.
And i know how hard it can be not to get upset, am thinking about you hun XXXXX

maccy, maybe get a private scan somewhere to ease your mind, i would, i can see myself spending a lot of money on them.
x

Drink two glasses of cranberry juice a day. If you can handle more then go for it. Also increase youre water intake. It should clear up soon. My doc prescribed me antibiotics this time too when normally she just tells me to drink cranberry juice and water. It's true thoguh they can cause miscarrage. Don't worry you are being treated and just try to relax. I know it is hard hun. I had bad bleeding like a period this pregnancy. It was so scary. Just keep well hydrated

I've had 2 lots of antibiotics in three weeks for my water infection that wont shift. I rang the NHS helpline to double check the antibiotics wouldn't do anything to the baby and she confirmed they were safe, there are only 2 types pregnant women can take. She also told me not to take the over the counter sachets so you may want to check this first.

I have been downing loads of cranberry juice and water along with the tablets and it seems to have gone now. Perhaps you can have an early private scan to put your mind at rest. I had 2 and my OH jokes that bean has cost us a fortune and its only the size of a potato!

Hey Maccy- UTI's are caused by bacteria and don't normally go away without antibiotics. There are definitely safe antibiotics to take while pregnant, so please don't worry about that. But I would definitely go in for a private scan, if that would ease your worries. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->