US Ladies - Amy Winehouse?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Just a quicke for the US ladies on here ...

Is Amy Winehouse very popular/well known in the US?

Reason i ask is i was listenin to a few tracks on Eminems new album and he lays into Amy Winehouse quite a bit :rofl::rofl:

I knew you guys know of her but i didnt think she was that popular?

^^^ must agree with kerry, seems like such a waste of talent, very sad x

Well i know we all know the ins and outs of every move she makes but tbh i didnt think the US would be that interested in another british crack head celeb :rofl:

Well i know we all know the ins and outs of every move she makes but tbh i didnt think the US would be that interested in another british crack head celeb :rofl:

:rofl: i know does seem odd...!!

I think its crazy the british public still support her even though shes clearly not bothered about doin drugs and things..!! Its not like shes having a bad patch or anything she came on to the scene as a crack head and has stayed that way!! Letting fans down cos shes stoned at concerts and stuff... and I just dont get it :dohh:

Yup we know her here in Canada. Not overly popular, but well known.

they played her Rehab song a lot but I don't know that I ever heard of anything else of hers?

She's pretty well known here in Ontario. That "Rehab" song of hers got some serious airplay two summers ago. But normally it's in the star smut magazines or tabloids where I see her the most, normally hopping from one mess to another (or so it'd seem).

Rehab got major airplay around here (I still like the song even if she is whacked out!) But honestly I think she was more known in the US for all of her drug issues

Yeah Rehab got major play; she is well-known here.. in a lot of our tabloids have stories about her lol.. she's had concerts here and stuff I think too.

We know her, she's mostly made fun of though for her fashion and hair and how much of a mess she is. She's talented though.

Rehab got major airplay around here (I still like the song even if she is whacked out!) But honestly I think she was more known in the US for all of her drug issues

That's exactly what I was about to say :D

she is known for her drug use, and her last album. she got like 4 Music awards for it. She isn't a huge topic but we do hear of her.

Her songs are well known but you don't see her in the tabloids the way you would with Britney Spears.

Ahhh right ok i get it.

I just thought it was odd Eminem doesnt usually talk about UK celebs :rofl:

You US girls dont get the full story of what she's up to though i dont think, she's in our newspapers almost daily :rofl:

Yep, she is quite well-known because she's a mess :lol:

And Rehab was very popular over here but I haven't heard of any other song of hers...

Ahhh right ok i get it.

I just thought it was odd Eminem doesnt usually talk about UK celebs :rofl:

You US girls dont get the full story of what she's up to though i dont think, she's in our newspapers almost daily :rofl:

Really? No, it's definitely not daily over here. I think we only hear about it when she's gotten herself in a really big mess, lol.

Yep. Although I haven't heard much about her lately - mind you I haven't gotten a tabloid mag in a while..

But she was talked about a lot a few months ago, and that damn song played enough for me to want to kill her!! LOL

I'd say like 9 times out of 10 when I'm in line at the grocery store I can find Amy Winehouse on one cover or another (even if she's not the big, main picture).. but don't forget we have other wrecks like Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, etc. to talk about over here lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->