US ladies - will they do a 12 wk ultrasound if I declined NT testing?

Fizzyfefe

Mama and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Just wondering if I will be able to see my little one at my appointment today or not. I have a feeling they won't do a scan because I declined the NT scan. Now I'm wishing I had accepted it, just so I can see him/her. I had my first prenatal appointment at 8 weeks and did have a scan at the time.

I'm in pennsylvania, and i didn't have an ultrasound until i was 20 weeks. But every doctor could be different. some could be ultrasound happy :)

With dd I didn't have a scan until 20 weeks. With these, my dr drags the machine in the room every time I see her (every 2 weeks) and takes a peak at them. It really does just depend on the dr.

It really just depends on your dr. but I would say if you had one at 8 weeks, then probably not.. My doc does the first ultrasound at 8 weeks to get an accurate due date, then the 12/13 week NT scan is optional (I declined the NT test last time but did have a 12 week ultrasound due to a SCH seen on my 8 week scan that they wanted to check on, other wise I would not have had a 12 week scan) after that theres one at 18-20 weeks for anatomy and one at 30 ish weeks for growth and presentation.

I would say its likely that your dr will be about the same with their ultrasounds.

I really didn't want to do the NT scan as I have no reason to but I've been rethinking it simply because I want the ultrasound lol I had one with my other kids at 12 weeks..

Probably not. I got one at eight weeks and another at 19.

Thanks for the responses, ladies. They weren't going to give me one, but hubby mentioned that I had been spotting last week, so they fit me in. We got the ultrasound and got to hear the heartbeat. Thank goodness he said something. Everything is perfect and I'm so glad.

At my Drs we get a scan at 8 weeks. Im glad it all worked out in your favor!

Glad you got your scan!

Like the others said, it just depends on your doctor here. There's no real "normal." My midwife let me do a dating scan at 9 weeks for reassurance when she couldn't find the heartbeat on doppler, even though I was absolutely positive about my dates. I did the NT scan, but I suspect that if I hadn't done it and I decided I really needed more reassurance than the doppler offers, she would send me for another scan. I can't do scans in their office (the company they contract with isn't there the day I usually go, and my insurance doesn't cover them), but if they had their own machine available I'd be even more sure of it.

Nope, unless for a different reason. The 12 week scan is the nt testing alongside bloodwork. I always got the nt testing just for the scan as the results wouldn't have changed anything. Xx

It depends on your dr. but for me (in VA) one of the main reasons we decided to do the NT screening was bc that was the only way we got an ultrasound. Otherwise it would have been the anatomy/gender scan at 20 weeks.

It depends on your dr. but for me (in VA) one of the main reasons we decided to do the NT screening was bc that was the only way we got an ultrasound. Otherwise it would have been the anatomy/gender scan at 20 weeks.

I'm in VA too! Howdy neighbor. ;)

I had an u/s at 7 weeks for dating and to make sure it was in my uterus and then I insisted on having another one at 10w. They told me I had an SCH and I told my OB that you should want to do one to check and see if my SCH is gone or got bigger. I guess I struck a cord with her and she gave me an order for one. I'm going to do my NT scan tomorrow - I'm kinda nervous cause its with the MFM doctor and I've never seen them before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->