• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

US mommies: when did you pre-register at the hospital?

Jessica0907

Reaction score
I'm 27 weeks, and my husband leaves Thursday for a month of training in another state. 32 weeks should still be a good time to get a tour of the hospital in and pre-register, right? Or should we maybe get it done before he leaves? I just don't want to jump the gun. :winkwink: I don't really want to do it without him. I've always been told when to pre-register with my other kiddos, but both of my other deliveries were at a military hospital. This is my first birth in a civilian hospital.

When did you pre-register?

Mine is scheduled for next week, 36weeks. I am sure if you call the hospital and explain that your hubby is going to be gone and want him part of the process they will schedule it sooner. Other then that my hospital says 1 month from edd.

Dr had me register at about 25 weeks :)

But I don't know if that is a "normal" time because I am high risk and had already been in L&D with contractions.

oh my.. i didn't know you had to pre-register..
:doh: I am going to learn so much from you girls!!

Hmmm interesting! The answers I got on Google varied a lot too. Some were saying around 26 weeks while others were saying 32 and some said 36. I guess it depends on the hospital. Women said that their OB/midwife told them when to pre-register. Mine hasn't said anything yet, so I assume that means I'm good for now. But my next appointment is the 3rd of July and I suspect she might bring it up then.... which would be while my husband is gone. I went to L&D at 23+6 with some cramping, contractions, and slight bleeding. They had asked if I was already pre-registered. I was like "uhhh no" lol. I'm sure I could just hold out until he's back. I mostly was just wanting to tour the hospital to see if they had birthing tubs (doesn't seem too many hospitals in my area do unfortunately).

awesome! Are you hoping to do a water birth? I've been interested, but still need to start a birth plan..

You don't pre-register at our hospital, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

With my first I did it at 35 wks. This time I did it last week, at 38 wks. For me, i do it online, then mail in a few documents that I print and sign, along with copies of ins card and drivers license. I don't have to go and do anything. I guess it's never too early, but I did it closer towards middle of third tri.

awesome! Are you hoping to do a water birth? I've been interested, but still need to start a birth plan..
I would LOVE a water birth, but I seriously doubt that will happen. :( At this point, I'm just hoping to birth in the position I want. I live in a very poor area that doesn't have much new mother education let alone birthing education. So I just don't think that many women here have birth plans. I'm still working on mine. Do they offer the option to water birth where you are looking to deliver?

None of them require it, really. They aren't going to turn you down if you haven't done it, it's just to help speed up paperwork. This is my third, and I hadn't even thought of it yet this time. I know I preregistered with #1, not sure If did with #2. I have been to labor and delivery twice this pregnancy, and it's never been mentioned. I think ill stop by and ask tomorrow after my apt...

Some hospitals you can pre register at and others not. I delivered at 2 different hospitals, in 2 different cities, for my first 2 kids and patients didn't and still don't pre-register there. For the one I was going to deliver at with this one I was able to online whenever I wanted to do it, but the new hospital where we're moving to you don't pre-register. It just all depends. I've never had any OB or midwife ever mention pre-registering. It's not something you need to do, but can at some hospitals if you want so you or OH/DH aren't filling out a bunch of paper work while you're in labor.

I agree with Catherine. For the first time moms, To pre-register is not a must, not required. It just saves you from sitting and filling out your info on paperwork for 20 minutes when you are trying to survive contractions 3 minutes apart. It's definitely something I recommend doing, because they already have everything they need and they can take you right back to get going. BUT it's not like they won't take you if you don't pre-register. It's just a time saver.

I had to at 31 weeks when they sent me for a NST. If I had done it earlier I wouldn't have had to take the time to do it while there waiting to start the NST. I would go ahead and do it now.

I preregistered around 31 weeks. I just did it online. didn't want to bother going in. Check if your hospital lets you register online.

I preregistered online and then had to give them a copy of my drivers license and sign some forms in person. I did the in person stuff when I did my hospital tour at 30 weeks. The preregistering was optional (just save you some time later) and we could have done hospital tour whenever we wanted (it was also optional).

They had me pre-register at 18 weeks. I still haven't received a tour of L&D though, but I think I might ask about that at my next appointment.

None of them require it, really. They aren't going to turn you down if you haven't done it, it's just to help speed up paperwork. This is my third, and I hadn't even thought of it yet this time. I know I preregistered with #1, not sure If did with #2. I have been to labor and delivery twice this pregnancy, and it's never been mentioned. I think ill stop by and ask tomorrow after my apt...
Yeah, "required" was definitely a slip on my part. I knew it wasn't required, but I more meant I thought all hospitals allowed it. Poor word choice on my part.

And I just checked. The hospital I was looking into does it online. I'm still not 100% on which hospital to go with, so I guess I should call tomorrow and see if I can stop by for a visit. That way I'll know for sure and can just do the paperwork online.

months beforehand...i dont know why everytime you go in you preregister, its such a pita

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"