US moms - 3rd tri u/s + pelvic exam?

Bluewings

Blessed Twice
Reaction score
When do these occur if at all? I was high risk with DD so I had an unusual amount of ultrasounds and pelvic exams, but as I am having a normal pregnancy and in a different state... I haven't had an ultrasound since 2nd tri and no pelvic exam at all.

How will anyone know if I'm dilating?!

The only ultrasound most doctors do is the 20 week anatomy. I started getting checked for dilation at 37 weeks

I had a growth ultrasound Monday. My Dr routinely does them around 35-36 wks. She also did exam to find I am dilated to 3 already and about 80% effaced! She has been telling me for weeks that anytime I feel different or more contractions and pressure to let her know and if I wanted her to she would do exam to put my mind at ease. But she doesn't do them unless patient ask her to or if she feels it is necessary. I dilated too early my last pregnancy and gave birth 7 wks early and she knows I was worried it would happen again.

I am low risk, so no more u/s past anatomy scan in second tri!

I also don't get checked until I'm in labor. Unless I go a week past due date, then I think they will check. I think it might just depend on your caregiver!

Like pp said, you could probably ask them to check you if you wanted to know :)

Every office is different, mine starts pelvic exams at 36 weeks, but no more ultrasounds. Unless they have a reason to worry they won't do them.

Crazy coincidence! Today was my 35w check up and he did the strep B test and decided to also check to see if anything has progressed since I had minor bleeding Saturday and contractions throughout. No ultrasound but I think they may when labor is imminent to make sure baby is truly head down.

they do internal exams once your weekly appointments start as far as the ultrasounds are concerned they do it after 40 weeks and if you feel the baby has reduced movements anytime past 37 weeks,thats how my doc did it !!

I had only one scheduled u/s after my 20 week one at 28 weeks (the nurse gave me one more at like 30 bc I was complaining of pain which I think was just gas). My first I had a complication so I had a few more u/s. I had my first before my 39 week appointment so not sure if they would have gave me another. I never had a pelvic exam except for a pap till labor with my first.

I go for my 39 week appointment Tm - don't think I'll be getting another ultrasound. Perhaps a pelvic exam - haven't had one yet. I will update

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->