US - Plus size maternity - When/where did you go

Bebe1

Reaction score
I'm thinking it's about time I start looking for some maternity items. Where were you able to find them in Plus Sizes?

I am 5'10" and a little worried about length of pants.

Did you use a belly band?

What are your favorite/must haves so far?

When did you start wearing maternity items?

:flower:

I'm thinking it's about time I start looking for some maternity items. Where were you able to find them in Plus Sizes?

I am a little shorter than you at only 5'2" and I am plus sized. Are you meaning plus sized for just your height or are you carrying extra weight as well?

I do have a maternity belt but I find it uncomfortable so no I do not use it.

Favorite so far is a pair of Liz Lange maternity trousers ( buisness wear) that I found at Target for $30. They kind of look like a tweed material pattern but are much softer.

I bought those once the bloat took over about 6-7 weeks ago I think? When I thought my regular pants were looking ugly I resorted to maternity items. So far I have 3 or 4 shirts that are maternity and a sports bra.

I've had pretty good luck with JC Penny online. The shirts fit just fine. The pants...eh...I must have super big calves, but I found that most of the pants fit kinda tight from the knee down. I'm 5'8 and the pants are plenty LONG enough (you should be fine) they just fit weird on me. And of course, God forbid they keep any in the store so you could actually try them on first. They make me feel like a criminal for being a 1x. NO CLOTHES FOR YOU! LOL Still...they do have them. Khols carries them too, again, only online.

And of course, God forbid they keep any in the store so you could actually try them on first. They make me feel like a criminal for being a 1x. NO CLOTHES FOR YOU! LOL

HAHA!! Very true! I tried to go back to target to find some more clothes a couple weekends ago and I swear whoever their designer is has NEVER been pregnant! Made me mad enough to cry in the dressing room and leave empty handed! Will be searching the web for good deals now I know where to look!

Thanks ladies! I am definately a "Plus Size" and tall length, so I've been really nervous about ordering online.

I went to one Target and they didn't have the plus size. I wonder if only certain stores have it? I was looking at Penney's too. :)

Bought a bella band - love it - I'm growing a lot and it really keeps my pants up and lets me wear my pre-pregnancy jeans much longer.

I also sew a lot - and so will be making my own "maternity jeans". Basically modifying a pair of my regular jeans with a belly panel - lots of tutorials online for this, and that way I know that they will fit and will be of good quality! Also less $$ if you can find cheap jeans on the clearance rack and modify them!

I have had to order everything online. Motherhood Maternity, Old Navy, JC Penny have been the places I've ordered things. Old Navy leggings are SOoooo comfortable!

My favorite jeans are Liz lange also from target, I think they run a little bigger. I am 5'8 and wear 12/14. I've been wearing maternity clothes since 7 weeks, very comfortable to me at least. I also like just buying regular clothes a couple sizes larger so I can grow into them.

I've ordered all of my mat clothes from Old Navy online as well - great prices! They don't have a large selection for plus-size, but it's been enough for me so far (2 pr pants, 4 shirts, 1 dress). I can still wear some of my pre-preg wardrobe too. I will check out other places when I get bigger and need more.

I am a little shorter than you at only 5'2" and I am plus sized. Are you meaning plus sized for just your height or are you carrying extra weight as well?

I do have a maternity belt but I find it uncomfortable so no I do not use it.

Favorite so far is a pair of Liz Lange maternity trousers ( buisness wear) that I found at Target for $30. They kind of look like a tweed material pattern but are much softer.

I bought those once the bloat took over about 6-7 weeks ago I think? When I thought my regular pants were looking ugly I resorted to maternity items. So far I have 3 or 4 shirts that are maternity and a sports bra.

I am a size 18 and 5'2 the Liz Lange maternity full panel jeans are to long for me but they are comfy!

Ok- If you are 5'10 and your legs are as long as mine ( I am 5'10 too) steer clear of: Old Navy, Target and Kohls. The only place I have found that are long enough is Motherhood Maternity, and they do come in plus sizes. And they run big, which is always nice. It really depends on your leg length. My sister is 5'11 and can do 32" inseam, which is what all the maternity jeans are, except the ones I mentioned. I need a 34". If you find somewhere else----- PLEASE let me know lol!

I'm going to need the 34" inseam too. I'm heading over to Motherhood Maternity now. Did anyone get a belly band from there?

I didnt- but the jeans that come in long have the secret belly so you dont need the band. The jeans have it built in which I love! I bought a band from target and didnt really like it, but thats just me.

I got alot of stuff at motherhood maternity. As far as jeans I took a rubber band and looped it through the button hole and then i wrap it around the button twice. It gives me a couple of inches to play with :) I have a picture at work on my computer that I will post tomorrow.

Hello Bebe1,

I am tall and plus size as well. I am 5"9 and weigh 243lbs and I live in Ohio. The store that I found to be the most useful was Birlington coat factory they have a baby department upstairs a plus size maternity department all in one store. I am 18 weeks pregnant and just bought some maternity jean/pants and I bought them in a size XL I thought they would be too small because I am a thick woman. but the pants were actually too big I could have purchased a L or maybe Medium size. But since my belly is going to get soo big in the future I figured it was good that I bot them in a good size. Also I usually have a hard time finding a good pant leg length because of my long legs but these jeans were perfect they actually were dragging on the ground in the snow when I wore them so I had to cuff the bottoms twice. So my recommendation would Be Birlington and my jeans were $12. If you do not have a Birlington where you live look at there website online they are very inexpensive! Hope this helped

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"