US/UK Food: You call it whaaaaaaaat?

Megg33k

Going with the flow!
Reaction score
This obviously needs its own thread, because my journal has BECOME this thread! So, let's get this thing going!

UK biscuit = US cookie

US biscuit = UK maybe unsweetened/savory scone?

UK dumpling is NOT a US dumpling

C'mon! You fill in the rest!

haha, love it!
We may need to start this in other areas too to cover all the differences in baby gear names (pram vs. stroller etc) :rofl: psml

Ha! And watch, now that we've sorted things out in your journal (sorta) this thread will be dead. :haha:

don't forget, there are all the UK girls who are fast asleep right now who will come on in the morning with their own confusions!

Lemme cover some of the baby goods!

Pram = Stroller
Dummy = Pacifier

I'm still trying to sort out the whole cot/crib thing
I THINK
UK cot= US crib
UK crib = US basinette
moses basket is the same in both places....

Oh...let's not forget dry biscuit and crackers...I think it has some confusion as well....

I still want to know what digestives are!

Ummm cookie, but its not dough like cookies. I'll try search for an explanation!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digestive_biscuit

Ahh...so like whole grain cookies...makes sense. Apparently we can substitute graham crackers for them in recipes...so I have sort of an idea of what they are like.

ah, lol, the graham cracker makes more sense to me than the 'wholemeal cookie' thing :haha:
I also think it sounds unappetizing

do you not have digestives in CA lisaF......they have them here in Canada. The one box that I always see actually has a baby on it

ah, lol, the graham cracker makes more sense to me than the 'wholemeal cookie' thing :haha:
I also think it sounds unappetizing

they are not really like graham crackers.......at least not the ones I have had

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back