USA ladies: What shops sell crib sets for a decent price?

paigekins

Proud Mama of Twin Boys
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm having a hard time finding decent crib sets for a decent price. I've been to babies-r-us (expensive!!!) and USA Baby (MORE expensive!!!), and I've looked a little at Target, Sears, and JCPenneys.

Where else sells crib sets?? I really want to buy a new one, but I can't justify (mostly to by husband) spending over $2000. I need 2 cribs, a changing table, and a dresser, and I wouln't mind the cribs being convertables.

Help me out! Where else should I look??

Walmart.com..... They have name brand cribs, various types of sets at good prices. I plan to buy mine there I have money to buy expensive, I just don't want too! LOL :)

The reviews are good for the Crib I want! They have several contempary styles- You can have then deliver to your local walmart for pick up for free so no shipping charge. :) :)

Amazon.com is good.

Burlington Coat Factory has a section called Baby Depot.

Unfortunately, most cribs are way more expensive than they need to be.

Good luck!

Sorry I can't be much help we bought ours at babies r us.While searching even more reviews for the 4 in 1 crib we bought I found that the company that makes ours also sells cribs through Walmart online so they may have some good quality cheaply priced cribs.Congrats on your twins.

Just buy the cribs new for safety issues and find a used changing table and dresser?

I'm not even getting a changing table as 99% of them I've seen didn't look sturdy enough to put a baby on past like 6 months, you can buy a curved pad that goes on top of your dresser and makes the top of your dresser into your changing table, good money saver AND space saver.

That being said, Walmart has decent priced cribs, as well as Target - just make sure you do your research on the brand/style and see what owners say about it :thumbup:

We bought ours off of Craigslist. That way we got better quality furniture, but at a low price. Overall it cost us $450 for two cribs (3-in-1 that turn into day beds and then full size beds) and two dressers. You can find furniture that has barely been used. Just make sure you don't buy cribs that have drop down railings, that's what all the recalls were on. You can also google the type of crib to make sure they don't have any recalls.

i got mine at Baby Pottery barn ( if you do the baby registery they give you 10% ) any at the time i got the one for Trystan it was at $399 on sale ( $499 the original price ) but it a 3 in 1 crib with teeth protector on the rail/toddler bed /full bed . it is a little pricey but they are very good quality and the bed is going to last forever as the baby will grow in it .
we are having our second coming for october and we are buying the same crib for him as the two boys will share room.
i got my changing table on craiglist that does dresser too for $50 . ( and you can always repaint any dresser the way you want and add any decals you like on it too :)

Walmart has awesome crib sets! We got our daughters there and I was a little iffy thinking it might not be that good quality, but it's awesome! We got the changing table to match, and we used them all through her and now for the new baby on the way. Definately worth looking into :)

Walmart.com..... They have name brand cribs, various types of sets at good prices. I plan to buy mine there I have money to buy expensive, I just don't want too! LOL :)

The reviews are good for the Crib I want! They have several contempary styles- You can have then deliver to your local walmart for pick up for free so no shipping charge. :) :)

this!!! And target.com, they have such great prices, seriously everything I have picked out to buy here in canada I can knock at least $100 off the price, if not cut it in half! Cribs are a steal and strollers, omg! I am jealous of you yankees, but I am coming down to shop in a couple weeks that's for sure!!!

ps walmart.com will deliver anything you order to the store nearest you for free, so you don't even have to pay for shipping, unlike target.com, good to keep in mind!

$2000???? :shock:

We got our crib/changing table from Target for about $200. It's a really nice cherry one. It converts in to a toddler bed too. I didn't bother with a dresser as she had a wardrobe and I just got some of those plastic storage draws for socks and such to put inside the wardrobe.

This is the crib we got her: https://www.target.com/DaVinci-Kalani-Crib-Cherry-Toddler/dp/B000FT7NQU/ref=br_1_19?ie=UTF8&id=DaVinci%20Kalani%20Crib%20Cherry%20Toddler&node=371871011&searchSize=90&searchView=grid5&searchPage=1&sr=1-19&qid=1307377237&rh=&searchBinNameList=style_name%2Cfinish_types-bin%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Cprice%2Ccollection_name-bin%2Citem_styling%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1 It comes in different colours. It's very sturdy and has 4 levels for the mattress, so you can lower it right down when they can stand. We got the matching changing table also. The basket and hampers are excellent storage. https://www.target.com/Changing-Tables--Cherry-Dressers/b/ref=sc_iw_r_2_0_2237568011?node=13298441https://www.target.com/Badger-Baske..._com_brand-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1

For bed sets.. Walmart, Target, Amazon. If you sign up for Amazon Mom, you get discounts and free 2 day shipping on a lot of baby stuff. We got a nice bedset for about $40 at Walmart.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/mom/signup/welcome

Walmart.com for sure! They have beautiful cribs at a reasonable price! My mom is buying the crib from walmart.com-Its white, and converts as the baby grows! I think its about $150

Kmart actually has a sale right now for the 4 in 1 piece crib for 132! :)

csnbaby.com

Free Shipping and No tax! Free Mattress with a DaVinci Crib purchase....

I am in Canada but plan on going to the States to buy my crib. I heard Burlington Coat Factory has a good selection. As well as Walmart and Target!

We got our 4-in-1 convertible at Burlington Coat Factory for $299. . .and if you pick up a copy of Fit Pregnancy, there is a 15% off coupon in there so you can get it cheaper still. . .I LOVE our crib, it's gorgeous/solid wood and IMO better quality than the BRU ones.

Target.com also has some good deals :)

Don't get sucked into buying the matching pieces, that's where they get you! The dressers are always way more expensive than they should be - we just repainted a dresser we had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->