Useless doctor!

MummyLaura93

Expecting number 2
Reaction score
I should be 9.1 weeks pregnant, although I'm not entirely sure on my dates. When I found out at 6 weeks, I booked a doctors app and had to wait 3 weeks. Finally the day for the app came annddd all the doctor said was, oh congratulations. Don't smoke, drink, and eat veg.

Weeeeelll thanks for that!! :wacko:

And he said my first appointment with the midwife/hospital would be in 6 weeks. I'D BE 14 WEEKS?! Surely that's far too long to wait considering I'm not 100% sure how far along I am.

Worried about the health of the baby too, just want to see if it's okay :/

dont feel bad hun, im in the saame if not worse boat. my amazing ob retired 2 weeks after i found out i was pg, so i was forced to switch to a new one. havent seen these ppl since 6 weeks and ill be 13 wednesdaay, i had a bd bleed nd went to the er 2 days after my first appt and was told i have a bad subchorionic hemmorage, they dont care. 3 weeks aago i starated bleeding and cramping again, went back to the er and was told it doubled in size. they still dont care. refuse to even see me for another 2 weeks, refuse to care that im STILL bleeding and craamping constantly, not to mention ive lost 22lbs being sick so much these firtst 3 months and its not aat all slowing just intensifying...fed up. and theres nowhere else for me to locally go. so, i feel u, USELESS DOCTORS!!!!

Hi Mummy, that first doctor's visit can be a bit deflating :hugs:
Maybe you could contact your midwife directly? I know it depends on where you are but where I am they like to book you in around eight to ten weeks and they are the ones who book the NT scan at the hospital. GPs don't really have much to do with the process anymore.

My GP reception said they don't even let you see a GP anymore. You just fill out a form at reception and get refered to the anti natal services.
What if it was my first and I had questions!!

get in touch with the midwifes hun. You should have booking around 10 weeks at the latest as your dating scan needs to be done between 9-13 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->