• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Using an opk as an hpt thread

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
Well after being unable to get pregnant since July, my DH is reluctant to let me buy an hpt until AF is due which, for me, is either December 17th or 18th. I have a bunch of opks because I bought them in bulk quantity and I've always seen people wanting to know if you can use opks as hpts so I've decided to try it.

I repeat... I do NOT know if I am pregnant yet. This is just an experiment until I take an hpt when AF is due. Feel free to stalk this thread :ninja:

The top test in the attached pic was taken yesterday with afternoon urine. I was having a lot of AF type cramping which seemed early to me and compelled me to test. The bottom test was taken the other day, on December 11th. Please note that I took the pic when the tests were dry but you can see that the top test was a bit darker. The bottom test had hardly anything of a line, even before it dried.

Attachments

• DSCN0698.jpg
    DSCN0698.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 25
The top test in the pic below was today's test, taken with FMU. As you can see it is MUCH darker compared to the other two. I'm still having cramps, a pinching pain in my left side that is almost constant and incredibly sore bbs.

Attachments

• opkashpt.jpg
    opkashpt.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 18
Stalking! I ran out of OPKs at 8 DPO. When I took it, it was almost white. I'm curious if it would have turned dark after BFP. Good luck! Interesting thread!

I recently used an OPK but I was 23 or 24 DPO. It was positive. I'm curious to see what this turns into. Good luck and stalking.

Just putting this out there.. When I was pregnant with my son and knew I was pregnant (a few weeks in) I used an opk as I was curious to see if it would come back positive. It came back positive! So fingers crossed for you!

My opk's weren't positive until after I was already getting bfp's on hpt's. I took opk's from about 7dpo and the lines started out light and did get darker, but not positive until a few days AFTER my missed period.

Here is my opk test from this morning. I'm about 11/12 dpo.

Attachments

• DSCN0770.jpg
    DSCN0770.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 15
I don't know how you are restraining from getting a hpt, I would be going crazy! Hope it is a good sign.

Here is the lineup of the last four days

Attachments

• DSCN0771.jpg
    DSCN0771.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 13
Definitely looks promising. I have only used opks in 2 cycles both of which I was lucky enough to fall pregnant. In both those cycles I had dark opks in the days leading up to bfp. However as I have only used opks in pregnant cycles I don't know what my norm leading to af would be. In my quest for answers I read that you can get a surge (but not ov) in the days leading up to af, I couldn't ever get my head round that but I'm no scientist.

If dark opks are not your norm after ov I would say get excited! However I've read threads & posts where the lady didn't end up being pregnant.
I have everything crossed for you & will be stalking! Xx

After I ovulated and the tests went back to being negative, I still had a second line till about two days before my bfp then it came back strong after I was 4 weeks or so

Pic is an opk and a preg test to compare when I got a bfp on the IC

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs