Using carrycot like moses basket downstairs?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by bjl1981, Apr 25, 2009.

1. bjl1981

bjl1981 Well-Known Member

Just a question.
    I was going to get a moses basket to keep downstairs in house as we have a crib for nighttime, but when looking for pram today my DH asked if we could use the carrycot from pram downstairs instead of moses basket. I have to be honest I've never heard of anyone doing this, but not many of my friends have kids.
    Does anyone do this, or think its a good/bad idea?
    Thanks

2. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

I've heard of people doing this before yeah, whether its safe to do it everyday or not im not sure. sorry x

3. Dani_b

Dani_b Expecting number 4 🤰🏼❤️💙❤

sounds like a good idea to me. will save on the money

4. Eoz

Eoz Mummy of 5! Eeek!

I did! Why waste money? xx

5. Wombat

Wombat Married mum of 2:)

I used our hard carrycot from the travel system as a moses basket up till about 5 weeks (then he went to his crib).

I think if you are going to have a travel system with a hard carrycot (like Quinny Dreamy) an additional moses basket is just a waste of money.

:hug:

6. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

we never did, but i've heard of many using it, and i'm sure that some of the mama's and papa's travel systems are just for that purpose, and even come with stand! x

7. lcside

lcside Mummy to Erin

I have the mamas and papas travel system and we used the carrycot as a moses basket for the first 10 weeks and then she went in the big cot. It was really good - didnt bother buying a moses basket as it does the same job. xx

8. louise1302

louise1302 mum to FIVE boys :)

ive got the hauck infinity travel system which came with a carrycot and mattress i didnt bother buying a moses basket either i just wheeled the pram into the front room and he slept in it there...it was easy also to unclip and take up the stairs..imho if you have a pram with a carrycot an additional moses basket isnt a necessity

9. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

Most people still use prams as nap times for their LOs thats how they use to do it so why not and I have left Megan in hers a couple of times ...took it off the pram put in livingroom and shes so snug! They have matresses just like moses baskets!

You can pick up cheap moses baskets now though too if you wanted to go for one x