Using hpts past use by date

Hopeful Cat

Reaction score
I stupidly found a box of 3 first response hpts in my cupboard and decided to use one because i was expecting a bfn anyway. Well the damn thing has come up with a faint positive. I'm too lazy to go buy more atm and I'm patient enough to wait and test again tomorrow...but in the meantime I'm interested in other experiences with out of date hpts and if it's possible/likely for false positives?

In the photo the top one is my current faint positive from the out of date hpt. The one on the bottom is from my last successful pregnancy at the same dpt. Please dont judge my hoarding of pee sticks hahahaha it was such a triumph to finally get a bfp that ive struggled to throw them out

Attachments

• 20170709_211633-1.jpg
    20170709_211633-1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 47
That is definitely a BFP! Congratulations! :)

I would be very very surprised if that was a false positive!!!!

With an expired test you are more likely to get a false negative than a false positive!

Agreed looks good but I will say I knew one user on here that got a bfp on an expired frer but it was a false positive as she went to get a beta done that day and it came back <1

It does look like a :bfp: but I would test again with a test that isn't expired just to be on the safe side. Good luck :flower:

Hmmm you ladies may be right. I poas again this morning...another expired test and another faint positive. What's the chances lol. I could go buy more but i think ill just use the last expored test in a few days and see if it's darker. My blood test is on Saturday so I'll find out for certain soon

Oh man you've got restraint lol I'd already be at the store buying like two boxes of tests to check. Saturday is almost a week! I'm a bad influence

Here r the two tests if anybody finds themselves wondering. A 5dp5dt (10dpo) pm test and a 6dp5dt (11dpo) FMU test. Both using expired tests (expired April 2017)

Attachments

• 20170710_172121.jpg
    20170710_172121.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 43
Hahaha dobbyforever i have no idea where this calm is coming from. I was at the shops after work staring at the hpts but i left without any.

I'd say they're positive, there's progression and everything!

Ohh I can see it. I personally would trust an our of date test tho and would be buying a new one straight away!

Good luck xxx

There's even progression there. It's a :bfp: for sure :happydance: I would also have caved and bought new ones to confirm so admire your strength lolll. I'm certain result will be the same though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->