using hungry baby milk just at night

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by Fabby, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Fabby

Fabby mummy to my amazing boy x

Those of you who used it or are using it just for bedtime, how do you find it? X

2. Divinebeauty

Divinebeauty Guest

Ok I have to ask, wth is hungry baby milk? I am from canada and I am not sure we have it here so have never heard of it before!!

Sorry lol

3. Janidog

Janidog Well-Known Member

I sometimes find that people use hungry baby formula hoping LO will sleep through, which gets to me, but if you need to use it because your LO is feeding every hour then talk to your HV, otherwise i wouldn't use it.

Devinebeauty - i thinks its like adding baby rice to formula to fill the baby up more

4. bigbetty

bigbetty Mammam to a princess

We started using hungry baby for feeds after 2pm on the advice of our hv because Fran had started waking for an extra feed at night. I don't know if it was just a phase, or if the formula worked but she has dropped that feed again and is starting to go longer at night.

I wouldn't have gone onto hb without being advised to though because she is only on 7oz bottles every 3-4 hrs and it's usually recommended for those who are taking 8-9oz every couple of hours xx

5. mel marmoss

mel marmoss Well-Known Member

hi i changed my lo on to hb at 7 wks old she was feeding every 2 hours and was never satisfied she would drink as much milk as i would give her. she thrived on it and is following the 50th centile she isnt over weight. some babies need it and some dont. i started giving it to her at night first she just slept the same but she has always been a good sleeper.xx

6. xnewxmummyx

xnewxmummyx Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle

I'm not sure if I am right in suggesting this but I think it may actually depend on the baby TBH? As you know Isobelle is a big baby lol and loves her food, but manages to STTN without waking for a feed at all, and she makes up for it in the day. I think maybe some babies are prone to waking and some aren't? :shrug: Just a suggestion, but I think if you feel Rory would benefit from HB, go ahead :flower:

7. aimee-lou

aimee-lou Totally Outnumbered!!

I tried it and it didn't work. He actually started to wake more and feed more, and instantly changing back to first stage he stopped it! just using it at night I think caused us digestive problems, so I would say either switch, or stick with it 100%.

8. beauty

beauty Well-Known Member

I used it from around 5 weeks poppy was trying to feed every 2 hours so i tried the hungry milk which seems to make a difference on her around 3.5 hrs instead.

I didnt do it to see if she sleep through the night i did it as she was hungry and taking feeding every 2 hours to 2.5 hours
    x