Using Instead Softcups for Conception? (Coming from TTC)

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
Hi, ladies! Thanks in advance for your help and congrats on your pregnancies! :happydance: I've heard of lots of ladies adding softcups to their TTCing regimen and have been advised to use by numerous ladies. Which, I did get some this month and have been using them, I don't see that it could possibly hurt for the swimmers to sit next my cervix for as long as possible, and am quite certain just taking it at face value that it has to help things at least a little. What I'm coming over here for is to find out if any your pregnancies were the result of cycle that you used Instead Softcups and if you think that it was helped you finally catch a sticky bean? Looking forward to hearing from all you pregnant ladies! (So happy for you but just smidgen jealous as well :blush: ) Oh, also, if you didn't necessarily use softcups, but you did add something else into your TTCing regimen the cycle you conceived, I'd love to hear what every one did the month they conceived their little teeny tiny babies! Thanks Again. Amberlynn:flower:

With this pregnancy I did. We only had 10 minutes before we had to pick up my DD from school. I knew I wasn't going to have time to leave my hips up. Plus it was the one and only time we dtd during our fertile period and it happened to be the day I O'd. We also used preseed. I was also taking my prenatals, vitamin B complex, took yucca root, ate pineapple core for 5 dpo. I did tempting and used OPK to know when I was going to O. I completely thought we were out since we only dtd 1 time. I hope this helps.

With this pregnancy I did. We only had 10 minutes before we had to pick up my DD from school. I knew I wasn't going to have time to leave my hips up. Plus it was the one and only time we dtd during our fertile period and it happened to be the day I O'd. We also used preseed. I was also taking my prenatals, vitamin B complex, took yucca root, ate pineapple core for 5 dpo. I did tempting and used OPK to know when I was going to O. I completely thought we were out since we only dtd 1 time. I hope this helps.

Yes, definitely, was helpful ;) How long did you leave in the cup? I know the box say's you can leave it in fro 12hrs, but that is for when you are on your period so you don't get TSS. And knowing that sperm can survive for days, in an optimal environment, it makes knowing when it's been "long enough" a little blurred. At least to me it does. I don't like the idea of keeping it in for more than 24-48hrs (48 is probably really pushing it) but I also know if we aren't going to BD again, I would hate to think that one of those little swimmers could of made it had I left it in there. So far I haven't went past the 12 hour mark, but I was curious how long other ladies left theirs in. Your conception cycle is sounding a lot like the cycle I'm having now, fingers crossed it ends in a BFP!!! Thank you for replying to me, though, it definitely helps knowing that the month you conceived you had used them! It gives me more hope.

I used it for about 4 hours. I figured that was enough time to help all the swimmers that would make it up there. Since they usually say hold your hips in the air for 30 minutes. After I got my DD from school I actually went and layed down to help them out.

I've always been skeptical, and think it's coincidence when someone does get pregnant while using them. Sperm typically reach the cervix within a couple minutes after ejaculation. By the time a person gets the soft cup in, most of the sperm is already in the cervix and what's left is semen and maybe some slow swimmers who aren't likely to reach the fallopian tubes anyway. I swear, I think it 50% timing and 50% luck. Just my 2 cents. But, by all means, do whatever you think might help. I got pregnant with daughter having sex one time that month, with me on top and getting right in to the shower afterwards as I had to get to an appointment. Oh, I was 45 too. So go figure. Best of luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->