• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Using OPK as a HPT?

M

Miss406

Now I know the following

* It IS possible to get a BFP on an OPK and be pregnant (they turn the OPK's a darker positive than HPT's)

* Is IS possible to have a second LH peak just before AF (therefore using OPK's are not totally reliable of pregnancy).

However, I do wonder at what point one IS expected to have the LH peak before AF? Wondering which CD to expect it. Can one test early with OPK's and if they get darker with FMU a few days running - can that be classed as a BFP?

Just wondering because I am away from home currently and have no pregnancy tests to hand :lol:
I'm going to start testing from 8DPO with IC HPT's but wondering if I could do OPK's at the same time (and how reliable the results would be). Wanted to know when the peak happened before AF so I knew whether it's a peak or not - if that makes any kind of sense to you :lol:

you can definately get a pos opk when pregnant, it was the only thing i had to hand when i thought i might be, so did one and it was positive so rushed out to get a htp and was also positive.. although a pos opk obviously isnt always pregnancy as some people are known to have a second ovulation or lh spike xx

Yep - I know this :D When I fell pregnant with my last son I tested on the AF due date and got a faint + on HPT but a blaring one on the OPK. Just wondering if anyone knows when the spike is supposed to happen and if we had continuing dark lines on OPK's each morning with FMU whether that would be classed as a pregnancy? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"