using progesterone cream

punkymom

Reaction score
Is it safe to use progesterone cream after ovulation until period?
Will this help me to regulate my cycles? :wacko:

Chart is looking good this morning sweetie! Sorry not to answer your question about the cream but you already know I'm a fan:thumbup:

Thank you again! :happydance:

Do you think its safe to use after O even if I am not sure I need it?
I was told I have high prolactin levels :wacko:
From my understanding this is the result of low progesterone.

I guess I am wondering can it hurt?
Will it help to normalize my period?

Thank you again!
You are the BEST!
:hugs:

Thank you again! :happydance:

Do you think its safe to use after O even if I am not sure I need it?
I was told I have high prolactin levels :wacko:
From my understanding this is the result of low progesterone.

I guess I am wondering can it hurt?
Will it help to normalize my period?

Thank you again!
You are the BEST!

Speaking for myself and a dozen or so friends/BnB members we had no issues other than a bit of drowsiness after using it. Also more often than not if you have excess prolactin then yes your progesterone will be low because prolactin signals your body to shut off progesterone production. Most women have an imbalance of progesterone to other hormones now days. Lots of estrogen and estrogen mimickers in our diet and body products these days as you've probably read and heard. Here's a couple of articles to read that might interest you:thumbup:

https://www.progesteronetherapy.com/prolactin.html#axzz2uLRQK374

https://www.chatelaine.com/health/wellness/low-progesterone-to-blame-for-your-pms/

https://allonhealth.com/natural-progesterone/hypothyroidism.htm

https://www.progesterone-info.com/infertility.html

Thank you for the info! :thumbup:
That was a BIG help!
I think I will grab some today and take it until I get my period.

Do you think this helped you to get more regular with your period rather than having SUPER long cycles?

Also, Do you think it will effect my BBT chart? :shrug:

Sorry for so many questions!
Thank you again! so much!

Thank you for the info! :thumbup:
That was a BIG help!
I think I will grab some today and take it until I get my period.

Do you think this helped you to get more regular with your period rather than having SUPER long cycles?

Also, Do you think it will effect my BBT chart? :shrug:

Sorry for so many questions!
Thank you again! so much!

It definitely helped with everything period related. My period came the proper amount of days after O instead of 8 days after O:growlmad: It also helped with the spotting before AF issues I was having. The biggest improvement was not having such extreme pms...no more horrible cramps, acne, and emotional swings:thumbup:

As far as your bbt be prepared to see a more solid thermal shift when you start it. My temps were much higher but that was good for me as sometimes I would have bbt's that hovered around or dipped below the coverline when they shouldn't.

Feel free to ask any other questions hun and I will answer if I know!

WOW! Thank you! :flower:
That sounds a lot like me and my temps have even dipped below the cover line this cycle. I was kind of worried that was a bad thing.

It looks like they are almost barely above the cover line to begin with. :shrug:

I guess I was worried that it might make it so my period does't come or mess up my cycles in some way.

It sounds like it might help more than hurt for me though.

I feel like I have already seen SUCH a HUGE improvement from Vitex and Maca so far. :thumbup:
I truly think I was not ovulating before taking them. :nope:

Thank you again as always.
If you have any other info or advice please feel free to share with me. :hugs:
You are GREAT! :flower:

I am starting it today. I read that you are to use it from ovulation until period. Two times a day.

Is this what you did?

Does anyone know if this is the correct dose or should it be applied 3 times a day?

Hey love! Yes after O was confirmed by charting I used a dime sized dollup twice a day (sometimes larger than a dime lol). It never delayed AF for me and the witch never showed up later than 14 dpo. I suppose if you made it to 15-16 dpo and AF hadn't come you'd know by then if you were pregnant anyway and so could stop the cream if it did delay AF or continue if pregnant. The only hiccup using the cream that I am aware of is women who accidentally used the cream before they O'd and it delayed O because of that. Just make sure O is confirmed (usually 2 dpo) and then start it up:thumbup:

Hehehe! Thank you so much! :flower:

I should be fine that I started it yesterday right? :shrug:
I feel pretty confident that I did ovulate already.

Yes I think you starting yesterday is fine. If for some reason you are ten days from now with no bfp or af maybe reassess then.

Hi ladies,

Can you purchase progesterone cream over the counter?

Pandi- when you mentioned the acne that kind of hit home with me. I've tried everything to get rid of it but nothing seems to help. I read the articles you posted and I'm thinking maybe that's me? I spot before my period and my boobs always get sore as well. I'm waiting to see a gyno to be sure but the articles hit home.

Great post. As I'm thinking about progesterone cream myself.

You can buy it over the counter. I'm just not sure what to buy either.

Hi ladies! :winkwink:

Yes, I think you can get it at any health food store.
That is where I got mine.

I have read that there is a difference between the kinds of progesterone in these creams and have read great things about this brand Emerita.

I could be wrong but this is the brand I am using.

https://www.amazon.com/Emerita-Pro-...UTF8&qid=1393507991&sr=8-1&keywords=Emerita+)

pandi77 knows much more than I do. :flower:

Brand looks good. I've been researching for a few hours. I think I'm going to go with source naturals though because it has a bit more per teaspoon and costs a bit less. But both have great reviews.

Eeeek! I really hope this helps! I'm so over TTC.

Hey ladies yes both Emirta and source naturals have good reviews and I ended up going with Emirta because I get a great deal on my auto-ship membership with that brand :winkwink:

I hope you all get the results you are looking for and especially your bfp's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->