Using Pull-Out Method during Fertile Time? *UPDATE p.2*

wonders10

Mommy to an Adorable Girl
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know that the pull out method can have its flaws and is not as successful as say, a condom. However, for whatever reason, my boyfriend and I got really into using it the past few days which also happened to be my fertile days. I don't chart, but I track my cycle on an iphone app and I can tell by how I "feel" down there (wet!) that I am definitely in the fertile zone. I have also been taking cough syrup due to bronchitis which I've heard helps thin out mucus everywhere and can help those little swimmers get where they need to go. Now, that being said, I'm 95% positive that he pulled out without any of the ejaculate getting in me. However, I know pre-cum does exist and I'm getting mixed signals on if it has sperm in it or not. I think I may be ovulating today judging by how I feel down there, and we have done it the past 4/5 days and twice yesterday. So should I worry? I've definitely learned my lesson and I hate this worry so condoms will be reinstituted during my next fertile period but for now, I'm getting very anxious for my next period (2 weeks from now hopefully...).

Thanks for the help,
Shannon

I'm a little confused about the pre-cum thing too. All I know is, OH and I did the pull-out method for well over a year, even during the most fertile times, and we never had a whoops. We conceived pretty quickly when he stopped pulling out.

I wouldn't worry providing you've followed the rules. We use the pull out method all the time regardless of time of the month, have done so for 18 months and thus far no babies :)

Pre cum doesn't initially contain sperm but if your man has ejaculated previously then some gets left over in his tubes, thats why its so important to get your partner to pee between ejaculations to flush out any left overs if you're the type of couple who like round two :winkwink:

DH and I have been using the pull out method for 6 years and no woopsies. The only times I got pregnant was when he did not pull out more than once. Everyone I know that uses pull out has never gotten pregnant.

We've been using pulling out solely for months and no problems! In general, there are not any sperm in pre-cum unless they haven't peed since the last time they ejaculated.

Initially we avoided intercourse during my fertile time, but we are both more frisky at that time so it flew out the window quickly!

We chart and use pull-out during my fertile time (if I know I'm definitely not fertile - so outside of the days between CD5 and 3DPO - I don't make him pull out).

This has worked for us for 21 cycles (just finishing AF of cycle 22), and no oopsies. Mind you we have no children and have never been pregnant or tried to be, so don't know if we're really good at this method or if something else is stopping a pregnancy.

We rarely need to use the 'pee in-between' rule, I just don't have that sort of energy :haha: but as I say we have been ok. It is my understanding that pre-ejaculate does not contain sperm unless it is left over from a previous ejaculation.

Thanks everyone! I'm feeling less worried and condoms will for sure be in use if I think I'm ovulating soon next month. I probably won't feel totally at ease until my period comes though lol.

Hi everyone,

I know that the pull out method can have its flaws and is not as successful as say, a condom. However, for whatever reason, my boyfriend and I got really into using it the past few days which also happened to be my fertile days. I don't chart, but I track my cycle on an iphone app and I can tell by how I "feel" down there (wet!) that I am definitely in the fertile zone. I have also been taking cough syrup due to bronchitis which I've heard helps thin out mucus everywhere and can help those little swimmers get where they need to go. Now, that being said, I'm 95% positive that he pulled out without any of the ejaculate getting in me. However, I know pre-cum does exist and I'm getting mixed signals on if it has sperm in it or not. I think I may be ovulating today judging by how I feel down there, and we have done it the past 4/5 days and twice yesterday. So should I worry? I've definitely learned my lesson and I hate this worry so condoms will be reinstituted during my next fertile period but for now, I'm getting very anxious for my next period (2 weeks from now hopefully...).

Thanks for the help,
Shannon

the cough syrus has to be the cough syup with no letters to help you

Personally, I would only use the pull-out method if you were NTNP (not trying, not preventing). If you really don't want to get pregnant right now, I wouldn't trust it as reliable enough.

TMI but my mom told me once that the pull-out method isn't effective because I'm here... :dohh:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the help,
Shannon

the cough syrus has to be the cough syup with no letters to help you

Just curious but what does that mean? Is it a certain brand? I will say I notice I'm much wetter this month either way...I'm taking prescription cough syrup.

Well, update for those who replied...I'm on day 5 of on and off cramping, back pain, tiredness, gas and bloat, increased hunger, and new today, semi-tender nipples. They're burning almost after I touch them. My period is 5 days away and pms for me is usually the day or two before, and is light or nonexistent. Getting anxious lol.

We're using pull-out method for about 1.5 years now.... no baby yet ;)
I wouldn't worry too much.

Don't stress hun. Any symptoms before AF is due are unreliable. I've been tracking my cycles and symptoms for 8 years now and had 4 pregnancies in that time too. I have learned that sometimes I get loads of symptoms and sometimes I get none. Sometimes I cramp from O to AF and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I'm nauseous and sometimes I'm not. Sometimes I have sore boobs and sometimes I don't. Etc etc etc. not one of thosethings ever been a sign of pregnancy for me. The cycles I got pregnant sometimes I had symptoms and sometimes I didn't. Bodies just sometimes ache in places and it doesn't necessarily mean anything. The ONLY symptoms of pregnancy I got were after I was at LEAST 8 weeks along. Good luck! X

Well, update for those who replied...I'm on day 5 of on and off cramping, back pain, tiredness, gas and bloat, increased hunger, and new today, semi-tender nipples. They're burning almost after I touch them. My period is 5 days away and pms for me is usually the day or two before, and is light or nonexistent. Getting anxious lol.

your 5 days away, you can try and test now

Thanks everyone. I did have a very unusually symptom-full TWW but AF arrived yesterday, two days early, so no baby. Moving on and using condoms during my fertile time next month lol. Not that I'd mind an oops, but I drove myself crazy!

Pull-out for approaching 4 years here, and nothing!

I see it as a slightly less willful NTNP

I see it as a slightly less willful NTNP

I completely agree!! :thumbup: Hehe, we've been using that method successfully for 7 years now. FH is getting sloppy though because I'm pretty sure he's wanting a baby but waiting for after the wedding (september).

Been using pull out method here for 4 years and nothing so far. My husband will be super excited come January when he doesn't have to pull out though!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->