Using the Diva Cup

rubyncourt

Reaction score
I heard using a menstrual cup can help get to conceive. So I bought the diva cup and decided to practice. I ovulate in 2 days and wanted to insert the diva cup after my husband made a deposit in me. So I am "practicing", the first time I insert it for like 10 seconds, and when taking it out I pulled out a bunch of EWCM, like half the cup full. It felt like a plunger. Did I just hurt my changes this month? Doesn't the sperm need that to travel. I am freaking out I did something wrong.

I've been trying it this month too. You can practice any time so I just had a go in the shower. I'm now putting some preseed in, waiting a few minutes after DH finishes (but keeping my hips up) and then putting it in. If we BD at night I'll leave it in all night. If we BD in the morning I'll take it out in the afternoon. The instructions said You can leave it in for up to 12 hours I think. But after a few hours I feel like it's probably done the trick.

I don't think you would have missed your chances, some of the swimmers still could have made it but maybe try to practice when you haven't just BD and when you put it in after BDing, leave it for a few hours.

I have no idea if it helps, but like you I read it can. I actually quite like it because it doesn't feel like it's all leaking back out again!

I've never used it ttc, but using it during my cycle, you have to break the suction by squeezing in the sides of the cup before pulling it down or it does create a bit of a vacuum. Hopefully that will help in the future.

I don't use it for TTC either, but use it for my cycle and I'll say it took me about 3 months to figure out how to insert it without leaks and get it out. I'm probably a slow learner, but I felt kind of like an idiot for not figuring it out sooner. I finally found I like the "7 fold" the best for my body, and jmxswack is correct that you need to break the suction before taking it out. I watched Youtube videos to learn about all the folds and it helped a ton. Try a bunch of different ones to see what works easiest for you. And I will say, I will never go back to tampons or pads again now that I use menstrual cups. They are awesome once you figure them out!

Also, I wouldn't worry about taking out too much EWCM this time, but you could use preseed if you are worried.

What I have heard is most people use the disposable menstrual cups for TTC. They are called "softcups" and are pretty much a large rimmed piece with some plastic or something that catches the liquid. These I assume are more useful as they don't really create the "suction" seal that regular menstrual cups do.

Im using a cup like Diva and im using the smaller size. No issues. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->