UTI anyone?

lottie_2007

Mummy of 3!!
Reaction score
I had a urine sample sent off last week as it had traces of protein and blood in it, rang the surgery today and they said the results sida 'suspected uti, if any symptoms including, stinging & increase fluid can issue antibiotics, if no symptoms then its fine'
Bit confused as they were telling me i've prob got a uti but if i didn't have these symptoms then forget about it, as it goes i have had alot of increased fluid so that makes sence!
Anyone had this? x

I've been told the same thing. My urine came back with white blood cells and something else in it... midwife said to be on the look out for other symptoms of UTI.

She also said that it could be that the sample was contaminated with a bit of vaginal discharge and that's why the results came back the way they did.

ive had 4 whilst being pregnant and had antibiotics every time,it makes me laugh when they ask do you wee more often and get back ache,well yes im pregnant???so even if you dont really have symptoms you have lol.

best to go with what they say but if you start feeling ill then go back as it can make you ill.

good luck

If you're familiar with what a UTI feels like, you can tell the difference between needing to pee more because the baby is bouncing on your bladder and 'omg, I'm going to die if I don't pee right now!' that you'll feel with a UTI, repeated every 5 minutes even when you've got nothing left to pee.

I would keep an eye out for that feeling of really needing to pee even when you don't need to, the uncomfortableness/burning when you do, and any lower back pain around your kidneys. If you get any of that, then see about taking antibiotics, but otherwise drink lots of cranberry juice and tons of water and hopefully if there's a problem it'll square itself away without getting worse. I'd just be reluctant to take antibiotics on a suspected infection if you're not showing obvious symptoms.

I didn't realise the 'desperation for a wee' was a symptom, i've had it quite alot where i've had to hop cross legged to the loo for fear of weeing myself, i don't seem to have control, i've had lower back pain for weeks but thought it was just because the baby is back to back. It doesn't sting when i wee but i do get a stinging sensation down there every now and then which is really uncomfortable. Thats for the advice x

I went to hosp last wed with back pain and stinging pain low down
blood and protein found in urine was admitted and monitored and put on anti-biotics thur-mon

am back up in hosp tommrow for checkup
and dont think my infection gone and iv run out of anti-biotics mon night:shrug:

i was ment to get a phonecall on sat with the lab results
on what exactly was found and i never got a call...:shrug:

I got the stinging sensation more when i was lying sitting down
not so much when i pee'd but after i went for a wee i noticed i was feeling more uncomfortable then too

I have a feeling now as if i was kicked between the legs
feels bruised and Sore and all now, am back up tommrow
so hopefully get some answers then :shrug:
xxx

I've had 2 and I'm currently on antibiotics for the 2nd one! Wierdly I don't get any bad stinging or hurt when I go to the loo, just really bad groin/pelvic pain and I can't walk. Hope you get it sorted, I'd ask for the antibiotics even if you've no symptoms. I had time off work too and drink tons of water, I know you don't want to have to wee anymore than we are doing already but it really helps to get rid of it x

I just had a urine sample sent off today because there was +2 leukocytes (white blood cells) in my urine. I was told I would get a call, but chances are it's a UTI.
But I also don't have any real signs, apart from the pregnancy ones like backache and peeing loads but nomore than usual...
Who knows, better to be safe than sorry and if offered, I will take the antibiotics.

I'm picking the antibiotics up tomorrow, i too have a bruised feeling down there! Oh the joys of pregnancy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->