UTI's common in very early pregnancies?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by FertilMertile, Mar 31, 2011.

1. I'm asking cuz I've gotten a burning feeling down there. Not as I'm urinating but after when I wipe. It burns a lot. I have some CM too but I've been having that since 2dpo. All I know is I don't have the urge to have to urinate, it just burns as I'm sitting here and when I wipe it burns. I had this 2 days ago and then it left. I should get cranberry juice.........

I know UTI's are common during pregnancy but I don't know. I don't wanna put it in my head.

2. Hopin&Prayin

YES YES AND YES ITS A SIGN... OMG... woohooo... Get some cranberry juice or cranapple anything with cranberry will help...

This is what I found... Congrats lil momma. ;)

UTI's are more common during pregnancy because of changes in the urinary tract. The uterus sits directly on top of the bladder. As the uterus grows, its increased weight can block the drainage of urine from the bladder, causing an infection.

What are the signs and symptoms of UTI's?
    If you have a urinary tract infection, you may experience one or more of the following symptoms:

Pain or burning (discomfort) when urinating
    The need to urinate more often than usual
    A feeling of urgency when you urinate
    Blood or mucus in the urine
    Cramps or pain in the lower abdomen
    Pain during sexual intercourse
    Chills, fever, sweats, leaking of urine (incontinence)
    Waking up from sleep to urinate
    Change in amount of urine, either more or less
    Urine that looks cloudy, smells foul or unusually strong
    Pain, pressure, or tenderness in the area of the bladder
    When bacteria spreads to the kidneys you may experience: back pain, chills, fever, nausea, and vomiting.

3. Wow, thank you hun!! Yes, I have most of those symptoms right now. I'm just sitting here and it's burning :( DH just got in and I told him "whenever you're able to, please go get me cranberry juice!" It's hurting so much!

4. Hopin&Prayin

Yeah it hurts trust me. Should I say congrats early ;) :haha:

5. LOL, I wish you could hun!! I wish I could test already :(

My bb's are hurting more and more each day and the right one is still burning. My Gosh, everything on my body is burning lately lmao. I'm a hot mess I swear *smh*

Ughhh, I wanna test but it won't show anything! and I don't have any more HPTs. Just one more ovulation test. lol.....don't tempt me!!

6. Hopin&Prayin

MEEEEEEEE NEVER... I would'nt tempt you... TRY to hold off a few days :lol: Its early still but you do have some amazing early symptoms... Everything is crossed for you I can cross hun... I'm off to beddy by... Talk tomorrow ;)

:dust :dust: :dust: :dust: and more :dust::dust: :dust: :dust:

7. Hels_Bells

Hels_Bells Bun in the Oven!!

haha it's so funny that we are wishing you congrats to a UTI!

8. LMFAO, you'd be the first throwing a pregnancy test at me like "GO AND FRIGGIN TEST ALREADY!!" lmaooo...have a gn sweetie :)

9. ARRIELLE

ARRIELLE Well-Known Member

Well if you are pregnant please get to the dr asap because a uti can cause m/c

10. :haha:I know! I'm like hey!! wait a minute lmaoooo..that's too funny...omgosh..it's killing me. I can't wait for my cranberry juice. I'm downing that shit like it's vodka! lmao

11. MoBaby

MoBaby Mommy to a precious son

I had a UTI last month! OMG did it hurt! I think it was from all the increased BDing since we went from a little to a lot! Drink plenty of fluids and try to flush it out :) If symptoms worsen go see your dr for an antibiotic.

12. I know. I'm gonna drink a lot of cranberry juice and water and see if I can see my primary care physician this week. She can give me something that will get rid of it so it doesn't just lie dormant.

13. I thought it was from a lot of BDing too. That's definitely possible. I haven't had a UTI in SOOO long. Grrr..lol

14. sarina53172

sarina53172 Guest

Omg you get symptoms early lol..i know ur pregnant...sorry bout the possible uti tho thats y your so moody uti make you cranky i know that for a fact...

I work with old people and when they get utis all hell breaks loose they are the most difficult to deal with...and when my sis gets them she is cranky too

15. Hopin&Prayin

:lol: I'm a vodka girl too, down it and if it does'nt calm down then I would suggest to go to the doctors so he can put you on a antibiotic ;)

16. Hopin&Prayin

Hell I'd be cranky too that shit hurts :lol:

17. :haha: I'm a bitch cuz my vagina burns lmao. I'm feeling better this morning though. I drank a lot of cranberry juice last night but I'm still gonna try and see my regular doc soon so it's definitely gone and not lying dormant in my body.

Yea, I always get symptoms early.:shrug:

18. LOL, yea that's exactly what I'm gonna do :)

19. mamicoch

mamicoch Mammy to one & pregnant!

I had a nasty UTI when I was pregnant with my daughter, really early on.

Good luck, when do you test?

20. Thanks :)

In 8 more days :)

Yea, I get them a lot whenever I'm pregnant. I haven't had one since I was pregnant with my son.