Utrogestan Question! ??

K.N

Reaction score
Calling all those who have had to take utrogestan progesteron pessaries during an IVF or FET cycle. Hopefully there are some of you on here, I know that different places use different pessaries etc.

Anyway. So I was thinking about ways I could avoid needing to insert the pessaries at work, be it new job or old job – those pessaries can get pretty messy! AND I’d much rather insert in the hygiene of my own house rather than a staff bathroom. Of course I know the first point of call should be my doctor, but just for general info sake – does anyone know if there are any “rules” around the timing of putting them in? I’m on 2 pessaries 3x a day. And was thinking if I could insert before work (around 8.30am) and then after work (around 5pm) and then before bed – I’m a night owl, so around (10.30/11pm ish) – Or is the gap from the first and the second one too big??

I’m just not sure how the pessaries actually work. Do they need to be timed like some of the hormone drugs, or do you just have a dosage spaced out sometime throughout 24 hours so that the progesterone levels just stay high. Of course if I need to insert during work – I will; but I’d rather do it around work if possible. I just don’t want to compromise the potential life my belly will hopefully be holding soon! (Provided all things go well of course for my FET)

It’s kind of a strange question, I feel like I should know the answer myself. But I’m really stumped!!

I have to use these, they are so messy!!!

I think your plan sound absolutely fine, I haven't been told of any rules about what time they need to be taken just to be within that day to keep your progesterone levels up. I only have x2 twice a day so I do one lot in the morning and another lot before bed, I also go abroad for my cycle so there is a couple of hour time difference. I also think it will probably be better to do them at home because I am advised to lay down for 15 mins after inserting, if you do them at work there will be no chance of that.

Wishing you all the luck with your upcoming cycle. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->