• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Utterly depressed :(

wasey

mummy to Summer-Rose <3
Reaction score
We've lived in this house for i think... 7 years? Or so. We never decorated at ALL because the day we moved in my dad had a blood clot on his brain and it was just me, my mum and my brother trying to move everything in. My dad died in 2007, we're in a town we HATE, the neighbors are awful, we don't have the funds to decorate and even if we did, it's the foundations of the house and the memories that come with it that make it so difficult.

At the moment we struggle a LOT. The bills, rent etc totals up to more than my mum gets in wages. We've looked at exchanging but because the house is such a dive nobody wants to exchange. The bathroom was converted to a shower room for my dad as he had terminal cancer... Which is SO inconvenient with a baby. We're also in a really unpopular town. Anyway, I was thinking of getting a loan, to pay for maybe the deposit on a 3 bed house, which would be ideal. We could then move away from here and leave the bad memories the house brings behind. But once we'd paid the deposit, we then wouldn't be able to afford to pay the rent monthly which would be around £800, maybe that isn't much but atm we pay £470 and we're struggling so that much is just crazy. I've said I could afford £100 a month towards the extra rent, but that still doesn't cut it. I'm so lost and I don't know what to do, I hate seeing my mum like this. All we want is a fresh start :(

And the council wont rehouse us because we're adequately housed. They obviously don't think about the stuff that comes with living in the house your husband and father died in :( I hate the way all this works.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I think you should try and make the best of what you have got & try and see humour in every situation you hate, I know its hard and I cant even begin to imagine what your going through. I actually feel really sad reading this, but if I have been taught anything this past week it is to be grateful for what you have got. Is there not anyway you could try and speak to your housing to get decorating vouchers? you should also try and apply for benefits to get some of the housing rent paid, as if your mums wages cant make that up - then you really should be getting something.

How about if you put the £100 you could spare each month towards decorating costs, tart the place up a bit and then advertise for an exchange with someone ?

how old are you? do you work?

if your mums wages dont cover all of the bills etc, then you should be entitled to some help... i agree RE putting the £100 towards decorating, it doesnt cost that much if you are clever about it.

x

Is it a council house? Surely they can at least see your point of view on things like having at least a bath to bathe your baby in? And is it spacious enough for a baby/child as well, in which case you could argue that you are going to need more space? I really feel for you. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"