V faint positive for a week...

Lisa2701

Reaction score
ETA - loads of photos below ... I worked out how to upload them.

hi folks,

I really need advice!! I don’t have photos (explained further down) but don’t know if my post is better here or the ttc section.

DH and I have not been ttc because I am very poorly at the moment. As a result of all my health issues for the last year I have totally forgot that my contraceptive implant was due to be replaced last summer! :shock:

When my chest became extremely painful last week I started questioning if I was pregnant, as the only time I’ve had that previously, was when I was pregnant with my youngest son (he’s almost 4) - took us 5 years, 3 miscarriages and 11 stone weight loss to concieve him!

So on Sunday I took a cb non digi (blue test - hadnt specified pink test to hubby when he went to buy them) and got a bit of a shock when I got a faint line. I took the second and again got a faint but obvious blue line.

I used some ic and they too gave me a faint line and then two days later got a more obvious positive on an IC. My friend who has been through fertility treatment and is a nurse even agreed it was 100% positive.

Since then I’ve been getting a mixture of negative and v faint positives (both on a cheap Asda one and IC). Digi are all negative.

I haven’t had a period since January, which is normal for me as I’m irregular... so I wondered if I was experiencing the hook effect and maybe further on than I was thinking. So this morning I used two IC to test fmu which were 100% negative and then diluted the urine 50/50 with water and tested another two and got two v faint lines.

I can’t seem to upload pictures, the site keeps saying that the files are too large but I don’t know how to decrease them.

I’m so confused and starting to think I need a trip to the doctors. I know ovarian cysts, ectopic and molar pregnancies can all cause false positives so I’m starting to wonder if there is something like that happening.

Anyone know how I can upload photos? I’d love all your eyes and opinions on the tests (I have photos of them all)

Anyone else had an experience like this? If so, what happened??

ETA: I really need to work our what’s going on as I’m on a lot of medication that I can’t come off over night but need to be off ASAP if I’m pregnant.

Last edited:
Try screenshotting the picture on your phone and you should be able to upload the screenshot :)

Try screenshotting the picture on your phone and you should be able to upload the screenshot :)

I tried, it’s still saying their too big. I think I need to reduce it to standard definition to reduce the size of the file but I’ve no idea how to do that on a phone. :-k

I’ll need to see what I can do. I really would love everyone’s opinions on what might be going on.

Finally got them working!

Thank you for the tip to crop them! It worked.

Worth noting that for every faint line I’ve got I’ve had LOADS of negatives in between! (Yes I’ve been absolutely obsessed because I’m desperate to know as I need to get off medication if I’m pregnant!)

So these cb were taken on Sunday (the line was visible and blue while in the cassette but I stripped it out to make it easier for hubby to see - although if I’m honest I was thinking they were bad evaps as I know blue tests are bad and so I wasn’t taking it seriously....

D0F59E86-0C81-4C3C-869B-A4CE3BFCF641.jpeg

The next two were done on Monday and. are the same test, I just tweeted it to make it more obvious for hubby.

E2480284-60C9-4B35-A348-E554A0A1EDD1.jpeg E503F57E-A6E5-4DAF-8E61-B3294A568F3B.jpeg

Tuesdays tests were all negative ....

On Wednesday I got this much more positive test as seen below. No denying that as a positive ...

D2A9AE45-8D9C-4B07-92CA-5C334A96A179.jpeg FA781C4D-4752-4B1C-A628-F3ACE0BF38E5.jpeg

More to follow to give you an idea of everything that’s gone on this week...

Last edited:
Thursday they were all negative....

These next 4 were done on Friday....

CB6ADEA3-D992-4D97-A0E3-A92C233A1129.jpeg 4F115DBA-5904-4CC4-A3E7-0B31680D5A43.jpeg 92792A25-107F-4DAE-8040-F7B7C7D45854.jpeg 3D7E3397-869E-4813-9AF4-DA68CFF3FD7F.jpeg

And these were this morning (bottom two have super faint lines)
47C32F60-B6B2-40A1-B59A-AFF3AE811F3A.jpeg

Thing is..... the lines not getting darker and for every faint line I’ve gotten, I’ve got half a dozen negatives!!

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Clearblues look like evaps to me....but I defo see ur ICs xxx

Clearblues look like evaps to me....but I defo see ur ICs xxx

Thanks.

The cb lines were definitely blue and came up instantly however I know I’ve had that in the past when ttc ds2 but wasn’t pregnant, hence I didn’t take them too seriously until the IC started giving faint lines.

Any idea why the lines are saying sooo faint for a week? My gut feeling is that maybe a chemical?

It’s strange because at the beginning of the week I was in so much panic about the idea of being pregnant as I’m mainly bedridden and this wasn’t planned.... however both DH and I would have loved a third but had decided not to try because of my health. Now that we’ve had time to process the idea we are both actually hoping I am (DH gave up work last year to care for me and our two boys and so would be around when baby arrived).... but it’s not looking good and we certainly wouldn’t deliberately try while I’m in the situation.

Honestly they all look like evaporation lines. I don think they're true positives.

Honestly they all look like evaporation lines. I don think they're true positives.

Thanks. It’s certainly not beyond the realm of possibility that some/most are evaps (it’s hard to tell when it’s so faint) however this one was pink and came up immediately so I’m confident it’s not an evap.

83D6DB38-A8F2-491C-883F-A1D844CC3D3C.jpeg

What’s the expiry on that pack of tests? Once I took a test that was like 6-ish months expired and it came up thick and pink right away! All other tests were negative and I definitely wasn’t pregnant.

It does seem a bit weird that they’re all so faint. Can you try a FRER? They kind of look evap-y to me too but it’s weird there are so many of them.

Wow if all are evap that's just horrible... hope u get answers soon!

The expiry date is 10-2020 so they’ve got plenty of time left in them, plus they are from 3 different batch numbers!

Plus one is an Asda cheapie test. Done another at 4am this morning and again got a faint line. Took the photo after it dried as it was too dark at 4am but the line was definitely there immediately. Although still not convinced that it’s not an evap (although had faint lines on 3 of these tests)

8C7D3621-7695-4288-AD9C-5415E41D7B15.jpeg

They could be evaps, except for that one which was 100% pink but I believe things like ovarian cysts, certain medications and certain health conditions can cause a false positive and ectopic pregnancies and molar pregnancies hormones sometimes don’t build up and so that cause constant faint lines according to what I’ve read. I think to be safe I’ll need to get in touch with the doctor. Just strange that my chest is hurting sooooo bad and the only time I’ve had that was with my last pregnancy. Feels exactly the same! That’s why I tested in the first place. Even clothing or my arms brushing against them is awful.

What’s the expiry on that pack of tests? Once I took a test that was like 6-ish months expired and it came up thick and pink right away! All other tests were negative and I definitely wasn’t pregnant.

It does seem a bit weird that they’re all so faint. Can you try a FRER? They kind of look evap-y to me too but it’s weird there are so many of them.

I had a bad experience with FRER while ttc ds2. Took us 5 years to concieve him (hence I was a member of here) and when we finally did get faint positives (darker than these ones) on ic and tests I then tried a FRER which was negative. Next day digi said pregnant! I’ve also had a few really cruel evaps on them. I know they’re rated highly but I’m just not a fan. I might try get super drug ones though as they were good the last time.

Can you really get evaps on THAT MANY TESTS? I've had the odd one evap but not that many, they all look like my very early bfp... I'd definitely get to the doctors for answers, or some blood work done

I think I’d head for the docs and if you have existing medical issues and potential medication probs they would hvae to look into it sooner rather than later.....gl xx

I think they look early bfp too, best get checked at Drs. Good luck xx

No way are they evaps not on that many tests.
I've never ever had an evap. If I'm not pregnant its stark white negative and if I am and its early like b4 AF is due then I get really faint lines.
I think they all look like early BFPs.
I've had 2 chemical pregnancies and i only ever got very very faint positives and when I wud a day or two later I wud get an even fainter result and then a BFN.

I think with ure medical history the best thing to do wud be to speak with ure doctor. They mite do a bloodtest to find out for sure.
Good luck hon

I agree, could you really have THAT many evaps? I would head to the Dr and see what they say! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->