Vaccinations. why not?

Dream.dream

SAHM to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
i dont understand why some people choose not to vaccinate there kids. ive done research on all the things people normally say like the autism risk and things but after looking into i find alot of people reasoing to be invalid. do people just not look into it thurrowly

I have chosen to vaccinate but I can say those who don't vaccinate will for the most have done extensive research, looked into the pros and cons and decided it is not the best option for them.

This is a very inflammatory issue!

I have looked into thoroughly. I'm still on the fence, but leaning toward not vaccinating [however, I can never be sure until I'm in the moment]. I have also considered a delayed vaccination schedule [doing it when they're older] and this may be the best option for. This is because they give the same dose to adults as they do babies, but babies are so small and don't have a strong immune system to deal with the vaccine. You could even just wait until they're 6 months.

Some vaccinations contain mercury and skin cells from aborted foetuses. :wacko: The disease injected is an artificial version of the true one, EG chicken pox, so it can never behave just like the real virus and doesn't allow immunity to OTHER illnesses to develop. You have to experience and fight an illness to develop the antibodies. Plus, as babies my children will get all the antibodies they need from my breast milk.

Anyway, if a child has a vaccination it can wear out by adulthood, and a vaccination doesn't provide 100% immunity. And if one kid is supposedly vaccinated, it shouldn't matter to be around an unvaccinated kid, as in theory the vaccination is meant to be a magical force field.

Plus there's horror stories of kids having hearing damage, brain damage, dying, adverse allergic reactions, and the known link between the MMR vaccine and autism [studies have proved it]. Unfortunately, there have been no truly long term studies of the affects of vaccinations, IE 1, 10, 100 years. I think the longest 'long term' effects study has been just a few months. That doesn't tell us a lot about effects on brain development.

The hepatitis B vaccination was found, in one study, to be linked to childhood leukaemia. However, a later study proved this wasn't the case. Interestingly, the one that proved not was funded by the company who makes the vaccine. Funny, isn't it? Whether it was biased or not, my point is that we just need to be aware of the extenuating factors.

It's unfortunate that it's so hard to find accurate information on both sides of the fence. It's a bit of a war, isn't it? I wouldn't say I'm against it, but I certainly am sceptical. I'm vaccinated and I wish I'd been educated and had a say. Can't believe I had no choice in the Gardasil one as a teen, as that's one of the 'riskier' ones. The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to wait until they're in high school and to let them decide, but again, I can't know until I reach that time.

Angiepie theres quite a bit of false information there in your post i dont quite know where to start so ill leave it to someone else to deal as i cant be bothered this subject has been done to death on here!

But absolutely yes i have chosen to vaccinate!! I dont understand why you wouldnt tbh! :)

Angiepie theres quite a bit of false information there in your post i dont quite know where to start so ill leave it to someone else to deal as i cant be bothered this subject has been done to death on here!

But absolutely yes i have chosen to vaccinate!! I dont understand why you wouldnt tbh! :)

Is there? :shrug: It's what I learnt at college the other week and we were provided with the sources and stuff. But I just presented what I've learnt. At any rate, I'm still thinking I will vaccinate but just later. I'm not going to say any more on the issue, though, as it always turns into a big fight. As you said, it's been done to death!

P.S Fellow Aussie! :D

I chose only to vaccinate with the ones I found to be essential.
I spent over a year researching pros and cons before making my decision and I waited untill my child was 18 months old before starting any vaccinations.
Don't ever assume..

I vaccinate...and even got the flu shot for the entire family, including Kelana today. She was in the hospital for three nights with pneumonia this past March, and I am hoping that this will prevent that. I can't imagine not doing it for the big things...and I would never want my daughter's to worry when they are pregnant about things as simple as German measles and whether they have immunity. We have come so far with vaccines, and I am don't understand why people want to go backwards with that...but that is just me. I know that many don't vaccinate, and I think some have made decisions based on what they believe, and I think many others have wrong info..such as worried about autism. It's a shame.

I only choose the one's that are essential and after that i provided them with a healthy diet to help boost their body resistance.

Is there? :shrug: It's what I learnt at college the other week and we were provided with the sources and stuff. But I just presented what I've learnt. At any rate, I'm still thinking I will vaccinate but just later. I'm not going to say any more on the issue, though, as it always turns into a big fight. As you said, it's been done to death!

P.S Fellow Aussie! :D

Yes i noticed that!!! Hello!! :hugs::flower:

At 4 months old, my DD received 2 vx's a month via a nurse visit and when it came time to give her the MMR, I delayed it as long as possible. I made sure she had her 18 month Autism screen first (and passed) and returned at a later time for the MMR via a nurse visit, but when she did receive it it was the only injection given. I closely monitored her for 24-48 hours after each injection and by 2 years old, she was completely up to date on all vx's. She gets her flu shot every Fall and will get her preK vx's between 4 and 5 years the same way. I felt comfortable knowing that my DD was fully protected but at a rate where I wasn't scared for her health. BTW, she began attending daycare during this vx schedule and as long as I showed proof she was in the process of being vx'd and had received at least 1 booster of each injection they took her no questions asked. Good Luck!

There is no link between MMR and autism and any 'link' has been totally discredited by both the NHS and the Department of Health

I think its down to the parent to decide if and when their child gets vaccinated....i choose for my girls to be immunised on schedule the only vaccination i refused was the swine flu jab. x i can understand why people choose not to vacinate and i can understand why people choose to wait a little longer and i also understand why people want their child vaccinated on schedule. x

do people just not look into it thurrowly

I have looked into it quite thoroughly, thank you and my decision has little to do with the alleged autism risk. I actually posted on my blog recently about how fed up I was with people assuming I was only worried about autism.

These threads rarely turn out well btw....

I chose to hold off for a few moths as i thought it was too young to be pumping his body full of stuff plus we never really went out then so saw no risk really. But he is having them all just a few months after most babies. x

People don't vaccinate or significantly delay vaccination, because they haven't seen the horrors caused by these childhood diseases, and because they don't bear all of the costs to society...Unfortunately, due to this trend, we are starting to see the damage again (take a look at reports from Germany, for instance, where kids have died or are still suffering from a degenerative and eventually fatal brain inflammation caused by the measles this year. The kid that already died was infected as a young baby at a pediatrician's office where an unvaccinated, infected kid was being seen. And yeah, Germany, and France, are countries where it is "hip" to not vaccinate). What bothers me the most is that my 2 month old, other babies and immune-compromised people, and the small percentage of people where the vaccine is ineffective, are at risk of major complications because of people who choose to delay or not vaccinate.
Utah recently spent more than $300,000 to contain a measles outbreak that eventually infected 9 people, and was traced to one teenager who had not been vaccinated and caught the measles in Europe. If a parent were responsible for the public health expenses, and could be sued for the deaths and disabilities they cause when starting an outbreak due to failure to vaccinate , we would have much higher vaccination rates... Only then would a parent have all the info to make an appropriate decision, as their family would bear the potential benefits and ALL of the costs of not vaccinating.
And I am sure I will get the thumbs down for this post, but I don't care. I care about the family and that girl in Germany who suffered for years from a degenerative brain condition to then die, because she was too young to be vaccinated when she caught the measles.

People don't vaccinate or significantly delay vaccination, because they haven't seen the horrors caused by these childhood diseases, and because they don't bear all of the costs to society...Unfortunately, due to this trend, we are starting to see the damage again (take a look at reports from Germany, for instance, where kids have died or are still suffering from a degenerative and eventually fatal brain inflammation caused by the measles this year. The kid that already died was infected as a young baby at a pediatrician's office where an unvaccinated, infected kid was being seen. And yeah, Germany, and France, are countries where it is "hip" to not vaccinate). What bothers me the most is that my 2 month old, other babies and immune-compromised people, and the small percentage of people where the vaccine is ineffective, are at risk of major complications because of people who choose to delay or not vaccinate.
Utah recently spent more than $300,000 to contain a measles outbreak that eventually infected 9 people, and was traced to one teenager who had not been vaccinated and caught the measles in Europe. If a parent were responsible for the public health expenses, and could be sued for the deaths and disabilities they cause when starting an outbreak due to failure to vaccinate , we would have much higher vaccination rates... Only then would a parent have all the info to make an appropriate decision, as their family would bear the potential benefits and ALL of the costs of not vaccinating.
And I am sure I will get the thumbs down for this post, but I don't care. I care about the family and that girl in Germany who suffered for years from a degenerative brain condition to then die, because she was too young to be vaccinated when she caught the measles.

I chose to delay the MMR and yes I have seen the effects of these diseases. I had mumps when I was a child and so did my brother. My neighbour had the measles when he was a child and I had a sever reaction to the measles vaccine.
Thankfully rubella is on the out now.

I have a friend who has chosen not to vax her child.

People who are vaccinated can still catch these, altho it is a very small percentage.

Vaccinations don't actually make you immune 100%

By seeing the effects of the disease, I don't mean have you seen isolated cases of these diseases, as the majority of cases are just a pain, not a life-altering event. But have you known people who died or became mentally challenged (to the extent of being institutionalized), or deaf, or blind, or impotent (mumps is notorious for this in men), or whose babies were lost or born with birth defects when their moms got infected during pregnancy (rubella)? My mom worked as a doctor pre-MMR vaccine and saw loads of this.
And yes, I obviously know that vaccine is not 100% effective: Those people are also put at risk by those who choose not to vaccinate. If everybody were vaccinated as recommended, herd immunity would protect the infants and the few where vaccination is ineffective or medically impossible. Unfortunately, too few people now vaccinate for herd immunity to work...Just google France and measles for some sobering reports!

There is no link between MMR and autism and any 'link' has been totally discredited by both the NHS and the Department of Health

How many times does this have to be discussed yet people still think there is a link! :shrug: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->